Thursday, April 21, 2011

Be More like the Man, you were made to be

Before i begin, let me just start out by saying, i have not eaten ANYTHING in almost 24 hours, and i am eating the most AMAZING chicken salad sandwich... and i just realized (due to my husband and father in law, that i am able to pick out certain spices in things now.. this sandwich has a pretty good hint of ginger, and it's working for it! i also got a big Cinnamon roll :) don't judge me! So after my awfully horrid day on monday, i started my journey to Utah... more like my ATTEMPTED journey. as most of you know, i'm flying Space-A for military... pretty much i can hop on a military flight with open seats... for FREE! but it's not reliable, and you pretty much end up in places you don't need to be. I started tracking flights and trying to get on one tuesday morning... i was NOT able to catch a flight until this morning at 7:40 i'm not going to explain all of what happened this week. pretty much all the flights i was trying to catch were canceled at the last minute.

i got TO the airport at about midnight... the airforce guys at the gate decided it would be an AWESOME time to be total and complete douchers... so we had to leave Lena on a mystery bench in the dark while Trudy took me to the terminal. She then took Lena home to sleep and came back to keep me company. when i DIDN'T get on the 2 am flight, we decided to head to denny's for some food... i honestly think i ate 3 bites of my sandwich.. i get REALLY nervous before traveling... and my appetite goes away.. and i have to pee like every 30 minutes (ask Trud it was RIDICULOUS!) i think she may have made it a game as to how long i could wait to go AGAIN! 

So the flight i ended up getting ON was bound for Phoenix, however there were ZERO military flights out of phoenix, so i was forced to purchase a ticket the rest of the way to Utah... which i'm ok with cause it only ended up being $100.. I KNOW RIGHT!!! so i gave Kat all my info for her to book it for me while i was mid air, not knowing what time i would land we got the 6 am flight... well after 90 minutes sitting on the tarmac in a MASSIVE air force plane with NO AC... they finally cracked the doors open until whatever issue we were having was resolved. while waiting, all the airforce guys working the flight kept asking if i was military (my hair is in french braid pig-tails... not quite the military look... whatever) i explained i was a spouse... all asked the same question "oh awesome, what does your husband do" to which i reply as proud as can be, "oh he's Marine Corps Infantry" and then i just watched as their jaws DROPPED and they immediately had some self esteem issues :) they then wanted to know why my "awesome" husband was allowing me to travel so far all by myself... wow... don't EVEN start with me... i mentioned he's been in afghan for __ months... lets just say i got the red carpet treatment after that.. HAHA. so the flight was FREEZING cause the plane had ZERO insulation and obviously when you are in the clouds... it's effing cold... so i FROZE... i watched 127 hours (totally started crying!) and i only have one hour left on inception (never seen it, and haven't let anyone ruin it for me yet :) )

We arrived in Phoenix around 7 local time, just as the sun was setting... man it's been so long since i've seen a desert sunset! AND A CACTUS!!! ya, i wanted to break out my camera!!! SO HERE I AM 12 hours before my flight... the USO is now closed, so i can't hang out in there (as was my original plan) i can't go to the terminal or check my massive bag until 4 am.. so i went on a search through the food court for an outlet...i found one, and then realized i was almost sick from lack of food and sleep... so i went in search of food... and here i am... only.....6 hours till i can check in and 8 hours till i fly out... yup, time is passing!

ok random tangent but i was thinking about this on my earlier flight... I feel like sleep is such an intimate thing, and i don't like doing it in the presence of other people... now i know what you are thinking... Sav, it's you we are talking about here.. you fall asleep in the car, at the movies, at dinner, and even standing up... OK BUT THIS IS SOOOO DIFFERENT!!! so here i am, laying down across my designated 4 seats to sleep on the freezing flight.... and i wake up and like 4 of the air force guys i can TELL have watched me sleep (not non-stop... but i could tell they had "observed" me) and it creeped me out... like i had been violated... i mean, i'm a kicker, and a talker (OH BOY AM I A TALKER) i don't know how to explain it... i just don't like it... it's one of the reasons i wouldn't choose to be one of the many honolulu bums on the park benches and side walks.. i don't want people watching me sleep! so now i am going to try and stay away even longers.... haha ya i'm tired, i just typed the word "longers" and i'm totally keepin it there! since monday night... i have logged 7 hours of sleep... and not all at once... i have 90 minutes in the last 24 hours.. so i doubt i'll stay awake, and people will probably end up watching me, and judging me... UGH is it tomorrow yet?! i'm ready to be in Utah.

Have i mentioned lately how much i DON'T LIKE traveling alone... i've only flown with Rye once, but it made it so much more fun! ok, i'm done now... my computer is almost dead... again... efff

1 comment:

  1. haha man you are determined! I'm glad your finally getting there though! I must admit I laughed really hard about you telling them you were a spouse to Marine Corp Infantry. And I agree I can't sleep with other people around! It's so...awkward haha.

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!