Saturday, July 9, 2011

Life Goes On

I know i have neglected this little blog of mine.. i sit down, start writing a post and then think to myself "man, you are just not that good at this anymore... no one is even going to read this" i get a few paragraphs out... and then i decide there are other ways to spend my time at that moment. But i received a post on facebook from my good friend Kaitlyn that she has missed my posting, i mentioned that to Rye that i haven't posted and he responds with "i know." turns out he's still checking on my blog even though he's home. i am so blessed to have a husband who loves me enough to actually read whatever is on my mind, and is genuinely interested... i mean he checks my blog often, i'm a lucky girl :) alright so here is my ULTRA BIG UPDATE!!!

Last time i left you with our new love affair with our grill... that is still going strong! we grill almost every night. the sun goes down, Riley gets the meat all seasoned he heads out back to fire up the grill... he opens the back door, lets Deezul out and calls to me for whatever he forgot in the kitchen, i grab said things and head out back. Riley works his magic on the grill, and I sit out on our patio and sometimes i read, other times i just chat with Rye and play with Dee. Once dinner is done we head inside, fix our plates and head back out back to eat and enjoy the breeze of the ocean just a block away :) jealous yet?

Leave is officially in full swing. we dropped all the boys off at the airport last Thursday and so now it is just Rye and I... until Monday with the in-laws arrive. I am really excited for Curt and Shellee to get here! we are needing to finish organizing this little apartment... we're getting there.... slowly but surely! we are currently hoping to get a new place on base.. since our upstairs neighbors porch is litterallly falling apart... and if there were an earthquake.. we'd be screwed.. and either our puppy would be smashed, or our grill would be squashed... and IIII would be PISSED!!!

Here are a few pictures and any stories that go along with them... and here we go!!!!!!


Alright so this first picture was taken one of the first days he was home, Dee was SO glad to have Rye home, the two have been snuggling like crazy for the past 3 weeks... and Rye being the loving puppy pop, always makes sure Dee is covered and comfy
So Riley got on me like the 5th day that he was home saying that i wasn't taking any pictures of us... and he was a little sad... so when we stopped at a roadside stand to get some fresh corn and coconuts... i snapped a quick one

The 4th of July we hung out with our friends Steph and John, we had found out that Pearl Harbor had a big day of festivities planned for Military families on the island. we made a stop at the navy exchange and grabbed some new hiking/trail running shoes for Rye. When we first got to Pearl Harbor and started walking around we realized that they had SO many things to do.. and all for FREE, seriously it was awesome. free paintball, free train rides, and the one that i DEFINITELY stood in line for... free airbrushed tattoo's. i thought long and hard about my choice... but my love of the land before time got the best of me and i got a "little foot"
it got REALLY hot REALLY fast, so we found relief under the "beer tent" we pretty much sat at the table for like 4 hours... killing time until it was time for the concert.
The DJ started saying "15 MINUTES TILL THE BAND" so we headed out on the grass.... ya they didn't come for 3 more hours :) so we sat on the grass and chilled :)
i love this picture :)
Steph and I, ya... we're pretty awesome!
Does this girl look like Molly Ringwald from 16 candles??!!!!! here lemme find a comparison picture... be right back
So the Plain White T's were pretty awesome... they were... odd, and they dressed like they were trying REALLY hard to look like they shopped at a thrift store. but we were FRONT row... ya it was awesome. and some drunk guy like got WAAAAY too close, he was trying to push in front of me.. i turned around to look at Rye, he was LIVID... i think he was like almost seeing red. but they guy got kicked out of the concert before he pushed Rye too far :)
After the concert... like IMMEDIATELY after, they had some Broadway star sing the national anthem, and then the fireworks started. they lit them off of one of the battleships in the harbor. it was the most patriotic 4th of July i've EVER had.
A few days ago we woke up and decided to hurry and hike this little trail i did once while Rye was gone. i thought it would be a good one for him to run.. he decided against that, but it was still nice!


this is us up on top! Right after we started heading down, it started raining... it was a nice drizzle and then on the drive home it POURED.
oh, this picture was taken on the hike up. :) ya, it's an AWESOME hike.
So yesterday morning i had to go to the doctor and get some blood drawn. i'm also FINALLY going to find out my blood type, i'm super curious since Rye has a rare blood type... i kinda hope i am the same... but i doubt i am. ANYWAY, so i go into the lab and i mention to the girl that i'm really bad with needles she responded with "ohhh man, this will be fun" ya let's just say she was HORRIBLE, and i have no veins... and i didn't cry, but i did make a small involuntary noise. as i walked out of the lab all proud of myself, Rye smiled at me and said "did you cry?" to which i told him OF COURSE NOT... I'M  BRAVE! so he put an arm around me and asked me "well since you were so brave, do you think we should go to the zoo?" at first i thought he was kidding.. but less than an hour later we were on our way
I wore my new running shoes.. they are AWESOME!!! they are the mizuno creation, TOTALLY worth the money, i have some messed up feet and legs so finding shoes that don't make my legs hurt is always hard, i'm an extreme over pronator... ya i think that's the term... anyway i love these shoes!
So Riley HATES ostriches more than almost ANY animal, i was snapping the picture of him and his nemesis animal. he was telling me that when he was in elementary school they went to the zoo, one escaped and chased them... so he REALLY hates them :)

my favorite animal is the hippo... so we stopped to watch them, and i always HATE that they are nocturnal, cause i never get to REALLY see them in all their awesomeness... but this hippo was hilarious, i LOVE this picture!


So there you have it, they super awesome Sav update! i will blog more i promise, i have just been enjoying my time with Rye, who JUST walked in the door from a long run. he's so hot! i love him alot!

4 comments:

  1. Loved the update! I can totally understand why you'd want to just hang out with your husband all the time while you can! I am an extreme over-pronator too...I have totally flat feet. I've found Brooks has good shoes for it too. Jealous of all your Hawaii fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update and pics! We love and miss you. PLEASE give Curt and Shellee a hug and smooch from me! Oh, and btw - that girl is a love child of Mollie and John Travolta (OR it's the female version of said Mr. Travolta)...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayyyy for updates! I've been waiting for one, of course we read them silly! And of course we all figured you would be spending every second with Riley :) Sounds like you are making the most of it, so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the update! I hope you have fun with the in-laws :)

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!