Wednesday, January 6, 2010

New Year.... New Life!

So it's 2010... i'm really excited for this year. alot of changes were put in motion in 2009 and most will come about this year. Including the addition of a Marine into my little family. No time is not flying by like some people have claimed... maybe it has for you, but when you're husband is gone, and you can only talk from letters... it drags on! I live by mailtime. yesterday i actually met my mailman, he's retired Navy. he was super nice. he said he gets excited whenever he sees a letter from Riley to me, because he knows how much letters mean in the Military. There was no letter yesterday, but usually there aren't any letters on tuesdays but i am hoping for one today. He started Phase 2 this week which means less time to write. not that he had that much time before.

I did receive a letter on saturday. he was returning the second survey i sent him. You can tell that he is still the same ol' Rye... he was cracking jokes through the entire thing. on of the questions i asked was a would you rather. it was between A.) Taking me to a Josh Groban Concert OR B.)Receiving extra attention from the Drill Instructors for a week. now anyone that knows me and Rye... Knows that Josh Groban is my favorite musician in the world, and Riley DESPISES him. well Rye picked the Drill Instructors and on the side wrote "There not THAT bad :)" The next question was "If you picked the Drill Instructors are you sure your confident about your answer?" he wrote "OH YEAH!".... He said Swim Week was Easy. which is good because he was stressing about that before he left, so in turn i was stressing about it till it was done! so ya i'm really glad that is done.

He talks alot about Graduation, and missing me. He said he doesn't get in much trouble, cause he's pretty good at what they want him to do. that made me really happy. so this week and next week they are out in the field, working with their Rifles. he has Rifle Qual day next thursday.. which is also his birthday... so it would be an awesome birthday for him if he qualifies really well. And his birthday next thursday is the OFFICIAL half way mark! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!!  yes all you people who think time is flying by. i'm not even half way yet! LAME!!!

anyway, i'll update later if i get a letter today, which i am REALLY hoping for... i could really use a letter today. on another note... The Flu can go suck a lemon! it's making me miserable!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope that you get more letters soon! I like reading about how happy you are when you get them. We've got seven months of letter writing that started last night. I can't wait for my first letter. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!