Thursday, March 18, 2010

OK i give in!!!


Alright everybody... you asked for it!!!

When Riley left for bootcamp on december 1st, i went into Zombie mode. as anyone that saw me the first 2 weeks he was gone knows. but about 2 weeks in i decided to do good on my promise to myself.
I decided a few months prior that while Riley was away, bettering himself... for US.. i would do the same. obviously in a bit of a different way. my Friend Kat had lost about 35 lbs in about 5 months... so i talked to her and found out how she did it. She told me she went to ABsolute weight loss in Orem. so i called the next day and made an appointment. on your first consultation they take your blood pressure, and test for your body composition. they tell you how much fat you have, how much water weight you have, how much muscle weight... and so on. and then you talk to the dr on staff and figure out which plan you want to do.

I did the Traditional plan. so i went in once a week for my weekly weigh in, and got a B12 shot. all the B12 shot does is give you energy. seriously it works! then i talked to a nutritionist who sat and taught me what proportion of protein to carbs i need to have. taught me a bunch of other stuff. and then i also take an appetite suppressant. and thats it. i've basically taught myself how to eat smaller portions. and GENERALLY pick better things to eat. they know everyone is going to cheat every once in a while. but they teach you that when you cheat... it doesnt' mean to throw all your hard work out the door. if you want chocolate cake... eat the chocolate cake... just don't eat the whole thing. eat like HALF a slice. anyway it worked! i still have a little bit to go, and i'm working on it. but since my husband is in California, and i'm going back and forth every weekend to see him, i can't exactly go into a center in orem weekly for my shot. but i am STILL losing weight. and i am hoping by summer i'll be as small as i want to be. anyway i'm done ranting. and the only reason i posted this is because i have had A BILLION texts and facebooks asking me about it. so here is a before and after picture for me and Kat. she looks AMAZING... and soon... i will too!



the girl far left is Kristy, she's an absolute doll! and is from SLC! anyway.. i'm done now!

LOVE YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!