Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Morning rain is fallin

can i just say how much i LOVE the maroon 5 song "Sunday Morning" seriously i think it's one of my all time fav's..... well contrary to my status it is NOT raining at the moment. weather.com promised me rain all weekend... so far that has just been friday though. and let me tell ya, when it rains here... it RAINS. and it comes out of nowhere so you can't really prepare.

now i'm a Portland Or girl by birth, Seattle girl by heart. so the rain puts me in such a peaceful mood, i absolutely LOVE it. however Deezul, does not feel the same way. he is terrified of wind, and rain.... well he's gonna have to get over that... so i've been slowly trying to break him in. we took him to the beach yesterday.. and i THINK he liked it... he ate the sand (nerd) and then took a nap. he was only hit by like 2 waves and i dont think he knows what he wants to think of those yet.

so both my boys took a little nap on the beach, we werent there for very long, but we forgot sunscreen, and lets just say Rye didn't flip at all, so his one side is VERY well done :)

so yesterday was one of Riley's buddies birthday. and i told them since we moved into our place i would make him a birthday dinner. so 2 of the guys came over and we had bbq chicken, baked potatoes and an awesome Dairy Queen birthday cake. i had alot of fun with the whole thing, since me and Rye didn't really get to celebrate any holiday's or our birthday's this year together, and i'm HUGE on birthdays it was nice to be able to celebrate.

ok so what did we do for this momentous occasion you may find yourself asking. well we did what anyone would do... we watched GLEE... HAHAHA yup i spent my saturday night watching Glee with 3 Marines. and here's the kicker, it wasn't even my idea... yup. i asked rye to watch the first episode with me a week or so ago and he said ya, so i bought the season (knowing that it's too funny not to like) and we watched the first episode. then after he was like "Sav that wasn't bad. you can put the 2nd episode on if you want... and so it began. so within about a week we watched the whole "Road to Sectionals" dvd. then when the guys came over, they'd been giving him crap all week, i think they were kinda curious what it was all about... so i put in the 1st disc... and after the first episode they were kinda hooked. so they are 4 episodes in now :)

anyway in the middle of typing all this, Rye called me from the other room. it appears that our darling little Deezul decided to pee the bed... after i had already taken him out multiple times this morning... so poor Rye who has barely slept in the past 2 days, was woken up by a warm liquid seeping through the blanket... the little jerk! so i'm going to end this post. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the candle on top of the cake! I am so excited that you have Deezul to keep you company when Riley has to leave. I'm so glad that we have Dax, he's a big baby, but he helps me a lot. And, how could you forget the sunblock?! =) I had to buy some of the fancy spray on kind, since Link is not here to help me rub it on my back. I wish it would rain here! We keep getting rain in the surrounding cities, but for some reason it skips good old Swansboro:/ Do a little rain dance for me.

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!