Tuesday, October 26, 2010

my trusty ol' flip

so in case you DON'T know what a Flip is, its a handheld video camera. it's about the size of an iphone except a littl fatter. i LOOVE it. I didn't use it too often in the first like 2-3 years i had it. BUUT when Riley left for Bootcamp almost a year ago, i decided that i was going to record myself everyday so that it felt like he wasn't really missing out. it was an awesome little project i did. everyone i hung out with knew what i was doing and put up with it very well. sometimes i would video how i was feeling that day, and somedays i would video a little of what we were actually doing. when me and Kat moved in together, the videos got a little funnier and more creative... today i decided i should empty out the rest of the videos on my camera onto my computer since it's almost time to start over....

every morning is one closer to when i have to actually deal with this deployment, and the only thing that makes me feel even somewhat ready is how creative i am with what i do for him while he's away. Growing up in Utah i learned to be extremely creative... so thank you fellow Mormons, i've taken many of your ideas and branched out on them :) ooh ooh on that note, i told Riley today that i would be Mormon for the treats people bring you alone!!! today the relief society president stopped by for a visit and brought brownies with candy corn on them... it probably seems like nothing to you, but it's not something that seems to go on alot around military bases... UNLESS you're Mormon. and a few people have dared to call me a "Jesus Freak" to that i laugh, but embrace it. :)

anyway back to my Flip. so i mentioned to kat today that maybe i should get a new upgraded Flip. because after i got mine, a new "HD" version came out... and i don't have that one. but Kat said that it would ruin the tradition and i need to keep the same one... so Charlie is staying... and soon i'll start video-ing my everyday life again... i know i know... it sounds lame, but it helps me cope.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, whatever helps you. I can't imagine doing what you are doing. Give Riley a hug for us...and tell him to give you one from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, that was me, Marianne--I am logged onto Whitneys account.

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!