Thursday, October 7, 2010

this one is dedicated to my best friend.

alright... so i've done it again. and this time i'm not going to apologize. i don't think i really needed to blog. most of you know what i'm going through.. even if you can't exactly relate. My amazing husband Riley is leaving to go fight in Afghanistan, and i am terrified. i'm sick to my stomach at the thought of it. i mean really, if i think too much about it i really get sick.

Deezul is growing at an alarming rate. he's massive. :) he's the sweetest dog i've ever known. he crawls right up to me and just lays his head on my lap and just snuggles. he is one of the highlights of my life.

we've been hanging out with "Willis" lately, he's one of the Marines, the only difference is that he is actually my age. it's been nice hanging out with someone who's not still a teenager... or of the maturity of a 15 yr old. Kat and Zack are still in Florida.. and we're both really hoping that they can be stationed here. i would really like to have a best friend around. i'm starting to get lonely again... and really dreading NOT having Riley around...

i honestly don't know how i'm going to do this. at least when he was at bootcamp, and training... i had my best friend/roommate Kat. and we were going through the same thing. and we didn't have to explain when we were having a rough day, we just knew. we did all the same things, and listened to the same music, and we just worked. and now i feel like i'm being forced to do this without the one girl i really really need around. so to everyone reading this.. i'm sorry for the mushy post... even though it was about my best friend.. and not my husband.

on a lighter note, tomorrow is Jane Wayne day at Riley's work. it's kinda like a "bring your wife to work" day. i get to wear his Cami's and shoot a gun and be all macho :) and then Riley is on a 2 week vacation, and his parents will be flying out here next week :) it'll be fun!

so here are a few pictures of me and Kat, we are like the best duo since Batman and Shaft.

this was in march. and that is Kristy on the Right side. an AMAZING girl that we met through this crazy journey we're on!
at Kat and Zacks wedding!!! almost exactly 2 years ago!

this was at Kat's birthday... the boys were gone for both of our birthdays.. so we did what we needed to, and relied on each other!
and my birthday! my other best friend Lauren was there :) i had a pretty O.K. day all things considered... have i mentioned i have the best girls in my life!
we look so hot!!!
this is us at Family day. with Kristy again. i love us!!!
this is us painting a wall in the "stevens" house :) don't we look soo... soo... awkward :)

so... anyway, i love Catherine Stevens, and i miss her alot and alot. and i really wish she was around to help me deal with life... cause she isn't afraid to tell me when it's ok to throw a tantrum, and when i just need to suck it up and deal...... can it be next summer yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!