Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Anticipation

These blog posts have been half written for the last 3 weeks... I apologize for that. they are super long and I'm sure contain too much information for most people. I'm using this more for journalistic purposes... So stay with me kids!

Thursday Aug 30~ My appt at the midwives went well, They did my only cervical check of the pregnancy. I was dilated to nearly 2cm and 50% effaced. They did a sweep HOPING it would throw me into labor in the next 24 hours so that Riley would JUST be arriving in time for the birth. My midwife wanted to set Tuesday as an induction date ONLY because Rye would be home for such a short time she wanted to make sure he was here for it. My plan this entire pregnancy was to avoid being induced and to go all natural (no drugs or interventions). The first one kind of went out the window when I learned Riley would be able to come home for my due date. In my mind the worst thing would be for Rye to be here, and STILL miss the birth of his son. OR just be here for a day after. I wanted him to have as much bonding time as possible. So I made the decision along with the midwife that being induced would be a good plan for us. I was still determined to evict this child on my own and was going to do EVERYTHING in my power to get him out before they induced me!

Friday Aug 31~ I got up early, primped, did my hair and make up and anxiously awaited 9 am so I could drive over the the Honolulu airport and pick up my husband. I hadn't seen him in 12 weeks, and instantly we fell right back where we left off. This is one of my favorite things about our relationship, there is hardly an adjustment period when he returns. My mom arrived a few hours later, after picking her up we ran over to do packet pick up for one of the 2 races Riley was going to be running on his R&R. After a few more errands we headed back home to kind of relax for the remainder of the day. The eviction process would begin first thing in the morning!

Saturday Sept 1~ We started the day and weekend with a hike up to the Mokapu'u lighthouse. We went at a normal pace... ok maybe slightly slower than my normal pace, but still not super duper slow! We only stopped a handful of times for me to catch my breath, or breath through a contraction. My mom had never done this hike so it was nice to feel like I wasn't wasting her entire trip on baby stuff... I know if I went to Hawaii on Vaca I would want to do a few fun things! The rest of the day was pretty much spent relaxing since they were both still pretty jet lagged...
Riley and my mom at the halfway point

I made it to the top! 

My mom at the top. Doesn't she look fantastic, she has lost over 40 lbs in like 6 months!
Sunday Sept 2nd~ This day started EARLY. We set alarms for 4AM and were out the door by 4:30. We arrived at the race location about 30 minutes prior to race time. Rye got his chip and lined up for the start. He had asked me a few weeks before he came back to go by him a new black running shirt, and with my Silhouette use the iron on transfer material and make him a Jaxon WILL Wynn shirt. Since as you all know, Jaxon is out of remission and back in the battle. The shirt turned out awesome... But Rye won't run in it again because I didn't get the right shirt material so this one causes nipple chafage (NO GOOD!) After the run we headed home, worked on some stuff around the house, and ended the day with a nice walk with Deezul down to the beach. My mom was still super jet lagged and ended up crashing on the couch at about 7-ish.



Monday Sept 3~DUE DATE!!! I was hoping and praying that Miles would make his debut. I wanted nothing more than to be interrupted in whatever we were doing by my water suddenly breaking (you know, movie style.) Rye and I woke up at 5 AM. The plan had been for him to go pick up his mom by himself, however after not seeing me for 12 weeks... He didn't want to leave me again (That is my explanation at least). When we got the text that his mom had landed we headed out to go get her. We picked her up and on the way back to the house we tried to get breakfast at like 5 places that weren't open either due to the time or the holiday.. So we settled for McDonalds(Lame RIGHT!) We got back to the house and all got ready for a day at North Shore. We piled in the car and drove the nice scenic route to North Shore. By the time we got up there it was lunch time. We found one of the many little shacks and grabbed some grub. The coconut macadamia nut shrimp was FANTASTIC! We ran into a family there that my mom noticed one of the daughters was wearing a Lehi High shirt, so she started a conversation. Most were from Lehi, the others were from St George (It's a small world I tell ya!) Now fed I was happy enough I could enjoy the beach. My mom and Rye went out snorkeling while Shellee and I fought the current with our rafts closer to shore. Sad to say there was NO BABY on this Labor day.

Tuesday Sept 4th~ Induction day! I was told to call the hospital at 7am and receive a time to come in and be induced. So naturally I woke up at like 5:30, took my straightener downstairs and curled my hair in the downstairs bathroom while chatting with my mom and staring at the clock. 7 rolled around and I called the hospital, I was told that I would have to wait until the afternoon and call back again. I was then asked a bunch of questions, upon my answering I was told I should come in to be checked out. So around 9 we headed over to the hospital just to be checked out and make sure that my water had not broken. We waited for a bit, were taken back, I was checked out and told I was Dilated to a good 2 and was now 80% effaced, but NOT leaking fluid. I was sent home with instructions from the midwife to call every 2 hours and see if they had a bed for me. At 7pm the nurse on call called me and asked if I wanted to be put on the middle of the night list JUST INCASE a bed became available. She told me it was highly unlikely as they were crazy busy, but that crazier things had happened. Of course! However Rye and I are very rational and knew that we would not be getting a call to go have a baby. We all went to bed after I apologized to everyone for wasting the entire day pretty much sitting on the couch WAITING for a call that never came. 8:30 we were asleep... At 11:45pm my phone rang.

2 comments:

  1. I like your post.Very impressive way of writing....appreciate the great information about electrician north shore

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, how did I not see you there for that race? There weren't many ppl there even...congrats in the baby!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!