Thursday, February 11, 2010

Cause you had a bad day!

so, i've been sitting here for 30 minutes, trying to put words to my thoughts. i don't think i will succeed.. but i can try i suppose. 2 days ago, i received a not on facebook from a friend (Recruit GF) and she informed me that she had missed a call from her Recruit, and didn't want me to miss it, so to keep my phone close to me. so for the last 2 days, other than having my phone with me at all times! (including at the movie theater, turned up on load to make sure if it did ring i wouldn't miss a call from him because it was on vibrate.) i also had to dangerously close to the shower this morning luckily it didn't get wet. and i watched the recruit message boards, watching as each platoon's parents proudly posted that they talked to their son, and he sounded sooo mature, and he was so excited to talk to us, and i just cried i was so excited! and i was SOOOO happy for everyone. these are a group of people i have gotten to know these last 3 months. through the message boards and chat nights. and i can't wait to meet them all in less than 2 weeks at the meet & greet the day before family day.

so me and Kat were LIVING by the phone. we didn't want to be in a building without signal for more than a minute or two, JUST IN CASE they called while we were there. so today we went up the canyon to take some cool pictures. and we don't have signal up there. the pictures turned out REALLY cute... but right before we left i texted Sgt Worthen (rye's recruiter, read previous posts to get the back story on that whole thing) and i asked if there was a way to find out what TIME the boys would be calling so we could plan accordingly, cause i knew if i missed his call... i would BAWL and be completely inconsolable. so we got done up the canyon came out of the canyon, got back to Kat's moms house, and i got a text back from Worthen... here is our exact conversation, i'm not editing a word.

me: hey, i know you're probably super sick of me, and i know you probably can't give me an exact answer. but is there anyway to find out what time they would get phone calls?
Worthen: i sent my boy a message, hoping to hear back from him soon
me: thank you so freaking much! lemme know as soon as you do
Worthen: Just talked with him. phone calls are not mandatory and they are not getting one. so the platoon much have done bad at something or messed up pretty bad. sorry

now by this point. i've had TWO days to look forward to this conversation. i had it all planned out in my head, and was NEEDING to hear the sound of his voice. i almost thought Worthen was joking.

me: are you f-ing kidding me?! that sucks ass (yes i really typed f-ing... i don't have a sailors mouth)
Worthen: yeah, sorry
me: Do we know how they did in Final drill or anything
Worthen: i'm taking it they didn't do so hot
Me: well thank you so much for checking. and putting up with me
Worthen: Ha trust me, had way worse than you!

soooo that just about sums it up. if i wasn't expecting a phone call it would've been ok. but the thing that kills me even more. is that i'm sure RILEY is furious. cause i'm sure it wasn't him or Zack that caused it. so, that pretty much ruined my day. and week. but tomorrow is another day, i'll get through this. but for today at least. i'm going to wallow in self pity, and not feel guilty about it at all. i'm babysitting right now, but afterwards, i'm going home to lay in bed and watch pride and prejudice... and bawl. if you call or text. don't be offended that i'll probably ignore you, cause i'm not really in the mood to talk to anyone. oh gosh... these 2 weeks will not pass quick enough.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!