Thursday, March 10, 2011

Power of Prayer

To all who have been reading/stalking my blog... most of you know about my 3 1/2 yr old nephew Jaxon, he was diagnosed with stage 4 of a rare cancer Nueroblastoma... they have been going in for chemo and such to hopefully shrink the massive tumor in his "tummy" since early November...Earlier today Jaxon went under for surgery to remove the shrunken tumor, and as the text i received read, "Jaxon is out, surgeon said it couldn't have gone smoother" woooooooosh and a HUGE weight was lifted of my shoulders! i had been stressing about this surgery for MONTHS! i called and talked to Michelle she told me a little more about the surgery and when i asked if Jaxon understood what happened today she told me the CUTEST thing... he knew that they were going to get the "bad guys" out of his tummy... while on the phone with me, Jaxon woke up and complained about pain (i mean the kid just had MAJOR surgery!) and was complaining about the bad guys in his tummy, to which Michelle put him at ease that they got all the bad guys, he just has to get better now. so there's that. next up he has another round of Chemo and then they have some major bone marrow surgery (which Michelle said is way scarier than this one, so we're not out of the water yet! prayers are still MUCH appreciated!)

onto my story of the night. and the real reason for the title.... although i'm 100% sure that everyone's prayers played a part in Jaxon's smooth surgery! Every wednesday night, i drive my friend Steph to work. she has to work the graveyard on Wednesday's and she is working on getting her permanent license but until than she's got the next best thing, a permit. So i drive her to work and then make the trip back home... SOLO. So Steph's car has a taillight out, it's not the bulb, there is like a short in the wiring ( we suspect from when one of the single marines felt confident enough in installing her Sub and next thing she knows half her wiring is on the fritz) Anyway, so usually we get pulled over and they inform us of the taillight.. now we are pretty enough that SO FAR we have just gotten warnings and such (i'm REALLY good at looking all innocent and somehow "forgetting" everything being married to a mechanic taught me) i'm also really good at flirting with the cops. the awesome thing about the military police, is that they don't have quota's (as far as i know!) so they aren't REQUIRED to write out so many tickets... so if you are sweet as pie to them (since most are single marines, and they deal with other douchebag marines all day) you can usually get out of it. now i don't speed, and i ALWAYS follow traffic laws ESPECIALLY on base... and i know PLENTY of other wives who are always complaining about the MP'S(military police) and how much they hate them and yada yada yada... now if they were to just slather on the charm a bit, they wouldn't have to complain so much! now i know i get alot of crap for "flirting" with the cops from other wives... but guess what! my insurance is REALLY cheap. between Rye and I we only have ONE ticket, and that is when i was caught going 7 OVER... ya, i got a ticket for that... but i was speeding and it was towards the end of the month... i got caught speeding, so i technically deserved it... but we have ZERO wrecks on our record so insurance is reasonable... i can't say the same for some other wives... my husband LOVES getting paid. and as LITTLE as has to go to insurance the better for his mood, and my own! so i will batt my eyelashes, and bring my voice up half an octive... dont' judge me :)

ok so tonight i was getting ready to take Steph, and we both know our luck with the taillight is running out.. as we've been pulled over for it nearly weekly since the start of the year. and last week around midnight this cop tells me he SHOULD give me a ticket because i'm DRIVING her car with the taillight out. but he didn't (usually if you can make them laugh/smile, they cut you a break!) but i was kinda stressing out because i'm REALLY sleepy tonight (i mean obviously... i'm blogging!) and i didn't want to deal with getting pulled over, and trying to sound charming. while also trying not to slur my words from sleepy-ness. so i said a quick prayer before i left that i wouldn't have to deal with being pulled over tonight.... so on my way TO Steph's work, a cop was going to pull out behind me, but instead pulled out right in front of me. 2 cops passed me going the other way as well. On my way back 2 more cops passed me BEFORE i hit the base, there were 2 cops at the gate (i may have kept my headlights off a little longer than i should have..shhh) then i passed a cop that was pulling out right behind me, but he quickly changed his blinker and went the other direction... seriously, SOMEONE was answering my prayers. so then i get home, get Dee back in bed but can't fall right to sleep... so i start writing this blog, and Rye gets online... someone is watching out for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!