Monday, May 9, 2011

You're Kidding... Right?

I'm back on island (yay). i've been getting settled and haven't had much of a chance to blog. but it's 5 in the morning, and i was woken up... so might was well.

My good friend Trudy picked me up from the airport, and we've been hanging out non-stop since. I KNOW... my couch is THAT awesome. :) So she has a friend that lives in the building kiddy-corner from me, a few days ago Trudy decides to "warn" me that her friend found a RAT in her house... and then the next day we hear that, said Rat, bit her friend and she was heading to the hospital to get a rabies shot. now, i'm not USUALLY one to complain... yes they used lead paint in this apartment... i avoided EATING paint chips and painted over it... yes there is dangerous black mold in my bathroom... i bleached the crap out of it, and PAINTED over it. i have ants and spiders... i either A.) burn the spiders with matches B.) recognize how many ants this particular Spider has killed... and let it stay for a few more days before i SMASH it... or C.) Spray the crap out of every corner with bug killer, bleach and vinegar... and in ONE room... i painted over their entrance. And while i am terrified of mice, i KNOW they are not going to kill me... just be gross... and i've been SO grateful to not have to deal with mice either.

HOWEVER i will NOT be ok with RATS... are you kidding me!?!?! this girl insisted on getting a new house cause she had also found the Rat in her 3 month old's playpen. that is seriously a safety/health hazard. they told her that they could NOT just move her to a new house... and i am unsure if they came out and removed the rats from her walls and house. so ya, Trudy tells me this, and it bothers me, but at the same time i'm thinkin "i have Deezul, he's a big dog and a rat would be CRAZY to enter into Dee's house. It's 5:40 here... 40 minutes ago i was woken up in my pitch black room to the sounds of scratching and gnawing right next to my FACE! i have a mini heart attack... grab my phone and light up the area where the noise is coming from. yup... my bedroom wall. i thought about punching the wall and scaring the bajeebuss out of the rat... but i was afraid it would piss him off and he'd retaliate. I grabbed my phone... and headed out to my comfy couch... too bad now i can't sleep cause i'm afraid it's going to eat through my freshly painted bedroom wall... and murder me in my sleep. Dee slept through the whole thing! HOW COULD HE NOT HERE IT!!! i expected growling and viscous barks... disappointment of a guard dog :) he DID however get out of bed and fall back to sleep next to me on the couch... how can i be mad at him, if even when he's dead tired he'd rather move than sleep in the bed without me.

On another note. i start my new job tomorrow... YAY!!! it's only twice a week, but i'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!