Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Milf Monday- Slow Moving

Well I made it through week 1 of my workouts! I can't believe I did it! There was more than a few times that I really just wanted to be lazy and use the excuse that I just had a baby, and if I wanted to I could sit on the couch and eat granola bars all day! Not saying I didn't do that.. I'm just saying I fit in my workouts!

I know I've said it before but just to clarify, at this point I am not restricting calories. I want to make sure that Miles has enough nutrition. I'm making healthier choices, and not indulging as I did while pregnant (which wasn't ever too extreme). In December I will likely start counting calories if I am not seeing any change in myself.

Alright so here is the breakdown of my weeks workouts

  • Monday- 2 mile run. I did this VERY slow, 29:45 to be exact. Yup go ahead and mock. I ran through 1 song and then walked the next. It felt really slow, and I was sure that everyone that drove by was making fun of me... but I'm ok with that. I had an almost 4 week old kiddo with me. They can laugh all they want, You gotta start somewhere!
  • Tuesday- Lifted weights to workout arms and abs. Putting Miles to bed at 7 has been amazing. I'm able to squeeze in a workout, or get some housework done! 
  • Wednesday- 2 mile run. I cut 1:50 off mondays time. Woot Woot!
  • Thursday- Lifted weights to workout chest and back. I also did an ab workout.
  • Friday- Should have been a run day, but since I was planning on a longer run for Saturday, I decided to use this as a rest day. Riley however guilted me into getting my butt upstairs and lifting. So I worked out my shoulders
  • Saturday- I did my nearly 4 mile run. It was TOUGH. I'm not going to lie. There were A LOT of times that I had to convince myself that I needed to finish the run, and NOT take the shortcut back home. It's true, running is a total mind game!
I don't really want to put these pictures up.. But I'm going to. I only lost .8 lbs this week... but hey, thats nearly a pound less than I weighed last monday! I'm moving in the right direction! I am now 4.6 lbs above my pre pregnancy weight. Here's to hoping I continue to do well and am able to stick with this fairly easily!

This is last week... so my starting picture. 

Week 2. This is POST run, So yes I am gross and sweaty. And don't you be judging my socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!