Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Milf Monday- 1st Run Ever As A Mom

So this morning I embarked on the new adventure of post baby body rejuvenation.

It was tough! I left the house, started my pandora Nsync station and was all ready to walk the first leg for a good long warm up... except my neighbor who is not very neighborly was leaving her house and giving me her judgmental eyes she likes to use when she stares me down... So I took off running. Ya I never fully grew up, It's like when I was 12 with a cast on my arm, walking on the beach in Oregon and I saw the cute boy so I tried to walk all "hippy" except I didn't have hips, or coordination. I still have the scar on my knee from that little mishap! Anyway, the plan was run 30 seconds- 1 min and then walk for 2-3. I just don't do well with starting uber slow. I just couldn't do it. So I ran 1 song and walked 1 song. Nsync radio let me down today, it wanted to play all the amazing SLOW boy band songs. I had to switch over to Today's Adult Hits.

My run went really well, My right shin hurt, but that is normal for my runs. I need a new pair of running shoes but am waiting until the next shoe sale on base. Miles slept for the entire run (THANK GOODNESS) and the Bob stroller is ahhhh-mazing. Seriously I even thought about having to correct it, and it was already done! Totally worth the money if anyone out there is looking for a recommendation.

I will not be running everyday, tomorrow I will either lift, or maaaaaybe get out one of Riley's yoga dvd's. Ok let's not lie, Yoga probably isn't going to happen. On my non running days I plan on taking Deezul and Miles out for a good walk, just to make sure we get out and around the neighborhood.

I just downloaded the app runstar, I got the free version till I realized I wanted the full version, so I paid the 5 bucks for it. It is the first app I have ever paid for though, so I don't feel guilty! I will check in with you and let you know how I like it!

Stats
Weight - +5.4lbs from pre baby weight.
I don't know what other stats I should put up... I'll get back to you on that!

I took day 1 pictures, but the memory card is downstairs. I will update with those pictures probably tomorrow. But for now here is a few pictures from my run this morning! Way to start out a month, with a good run!
Miles' outfit for the day, courtesy of  Nana Gardiner

Asleep in the stroller, PERFECT!

Starting one of my walking breaks... more than 1/2 way!

This is my Napoleon Dynamite yessssssssssss face, I finished my first workout as a mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!