Friday, October 5, 2012

The Pumpkin Patch

I have finally established some sort of a reliable schedule, Thank goodness! I decided that for my own sanity I wanted Miles in bed at 7. I thought it would be a good idea to set that up early so it's not a hassle later on. So we have bath time at 6:30 and he either eats right before or right after that. and He is in bed by 7, asleep before 7:30. For the next few hours I am able to have "me time". On my lifting days I'm able to go into our home gym room and workout, and only be a room away from Miles. Then I relax in bed while I fold laundry, or hang out on the always enjoyable pinterest. I pump during the 9-10 time frame so that when he wakes up between 12-1 I can pop a bottle in his mouth and we can both drift back off until usually around 6-ish. I am extremely blessed to have such a great sleeper. I APPRECIATE that God has given me that! I'm hoping by praising the gift he gave me, that he won't feel the need to "teach me a lesson" or humble me...

So quick fitness update. I had decided that Monday would be my first day back working out. Holy Crap! Monday and Wednesday I ran 2 miles (run/walk) Tuesday and today I walked lots, and lifted weights. My arms and abs are killing me from Tuesday! I just finished working out like an hour ago, and I can already tell that my chest/back is going to be feeling it! And I worked my abs again... So I can plan on a continuation of the soreness in that area. Here is to hoping that I start to see a change soon-ish. I don't hate my body, I see it as a price to pay for my little miracle. However, I would like to be able to wow myself when I look into the mirror. Next baby I will absolutely be lifting weights throughout the whole pregnancy, I learned my lesson the hard way. Starting over is no fun!

Ok so on to todays main blogging subject... THE PUMPKIN PATCH!!! I'm sure you saw my pictures on facebook... but in case you didn't I will include some. I set my alarm for 6AM to make sure that Miles didn't let me sleep in. I knew we would have to leave the house around 8-ish. I got up and tried to get ready before waking up Miles to eat. He woke up at 6:40 when I was 80% ready and was hungry. Amazingly we made it over to the pumpkin patch like 10 minutes early. The patch is designed for young kids, but obviously not for 1 month old babies. I figured we would show up, mingle with the girls from work, pick out his pumpkin and head home. I didn't want to wait in line for the hay ride... just to hold either a sleeping or hungry/crying baby.

I made sure to bring cash. Last year they sold the fresh squeezed lemonade in the mason jars, as well as the fresh picked corn. They had no such booth this year and I was severely disappointed by this!

Yes that is a sliver of the ocean you see in the picture... Ahhhh-mazing

Picking out his pumpkin!

Miles and Mom

I did NOT match us on purpose. 
 And since you have been patient in reading my long blog posts lately... here are some of the pictures I got back from one of the photographers! She did an awesome job, and I am very grateful to have gotten more shots of my little guy! He's already growing up so fast!




Those blue eyes KILL me! 

Lil' blue eyes throwing up stones!

Looks like a fighter with his eye

Time of birth

He is wrapped up in a scarf that Rye brought me back from Afghanistan.

Oh I love his smile. Can't wait till I get to see it more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!