Saturday, August 7, 2010

All By Myself!

So here we are again. Riley is gone, yet again. and i'm up late... haha big surprise there eh? i swear when he is home we are in bed and asleep by 8:30 but here i am at midnight, WRITING A BLOG!!! Rye will be in California for a month-ish for a training for his upcoming deployment. so i'm holding down the fort with little Deezul. it's nice having him though. today after the boys left my new friend Megan let me know that her and Shauncy(my OTHER new friend) were having a movie night tonight and asked if i wanted to join. so i ran home and put Deezul in his room just in time for Megan to pick me up.

so we went by her work cause they wanted some desserts. she works at a Coffee shop off base but in the next town. so they ordered their food and we sat down to chit chat. so then one of the guys working brings us over a circular brownie with whip cream on top and chocolate drizzled and strawberry slices and tells us that he thought he'd bring us a free dessert. so there we are 3 married Marine wives swooning over how sweet that gesture was. so I took the first bite since i didn't order another dessert. and it tasted like ground up coffee. but he was looking over at us, so i smiled and tried soo hard not to gag. Megan licked some whip cream and Shauncy ate a strawberry slice. and told him it was good. then i very quietly told them how NASTY this brownie was. so they both tried it.

so then the boy who we THOUGHT was nice and sweet comes over laughing and appologizing.. apparently because Megan is the new girl at work, they had to play a joke on her... BOOOO. it WAS ground up coffee... eww try getting THAT out of your mouth... yuck. it WAS pretty funny though. when we were almost done he brought us a REAL free dessert and it was pretty dang yummy!

So then we went back to Megan's house to grab a frozen pizza, and her EVIL neighbor yelled at her because me and Shauncy were stomping too loud.. ok so we were stomping to piss them off cause they are SOOOOOO mean to Megan.. and we've just about had it.. MORE to come on that eventful story in the coming weeks. anyway so movie night at Shauncy's was fun, we were all falling asleep on eachother on the couch, but we made it through the movie. and then when i came home. i wasn't scared like i normally would have been coming to an empty apartment. instead i had a light on. and a Puppy who was more than excited that mom was home. and suddenly everything was ok. i think he KNOWS when Rye is gone, and tries to make me less sad. he's a good pup. as i'm typing this i'm laying on my bed with legs propped up and my laptop on my legs and stomach. and he has burrowed under my legs like a tent... i think that means it's time for bed.

So while i don't get to have my amazing husband in bed holding me tonight... i at least get a snoring puppy who will somehow end up right next to my face. hey, it beats being completely and utterly alone.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you have Deezul, and some good friends there! I know how much it SUCKS to be alone! I was just telling Lincoln how glad I am that we have Dax, and that I love our puppy=) He's definitely helped me cope with being alone. I can't wait to read the post about Riley coming home!:D

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!