Friday, August 27, 2010

Awake

alright, are you all ready for me to introduce you to yet another song that you probably don't know until Sav's blog post. this has been kind of fun for me to put up some of my very favorite songs, that are not too widely known.. so i'm curious how many of you actually listened to all the songs i put up BEFORE i put them up here.. as well as how much you actually like the songs that i put up. they are the songs that strike me one day as important. today's will be a first for me... i'm sharing my Slight Josh Groban obsession with you all... you are welcome :) but for the video i'll be putting up the version with him and Idina Menzel doing a Duet. the song is beautiful, and of course sappy enough for a wife getting ready for her husband to deploy.




 and of course. here are the lyrics... which just put the cherry on top :)

Awake-Josh Groban

A beautiful and blinding morning
The world outside begins to breathe
See clouds arriving without warning
I need you here to shelter me

And I know that only time will tell us how
To carry on without each other

So keep me awake to memorize you
Give me more time to feel this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today

If I could make these moments endless
If I could stop the winds of change
If we just keep our eyes wide open
Then everything would stay the same

And I know that only time will tell me how
We'll carry on without each other

So keep me awake for every moment
Give us more time to be this way
We can't stay like this forever
But I can have you next to me today

We'll let tomorrow wait, you're here, right now, with me
All my fears just fall away, when you are all I see

We can't stay like this forever
But I have you here today

And I will remember
Oh I will remember
Remember all the love we shared today 







i don't have too much to post about today... Riley is doing ok in California... we're both ready for him to be home. this is yet another weekend i have to spend without him... semi-depressed about that. but i'll be ok. Meg, Shaunci, and I are continuing our Gossip Girl marathon tonight. and we've still been going to the gym EVERY night... ya thats right... be jealous of all the motivation i have! eh it's not doing much, at least i don't think it is.. i'm refusing to weigh myself for the time being. because if i weigh myself and find that going to the gym every day has done NOTHING for me... i might just give up.. and i don't want to. sooooo within the next week or two i might weigh myself. and maybe i'll let you know how it goes.


oh oh oh, and since today was a Josh Groban post... he DOES have a new c.d. coming out soon here... i don't have a date yet, but i will let you all know as soon as i do. GOSH i love his music! and since he has a new c.d. that means me and my good ol' best friend Lauren will be hitting up his concert!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!


ok, i'll stop typing for your benefit! love you all, please continue to pray for our troops and their families! 


Sav



2 comments:

  1. good song.. that lady was on glee! hope you are doing good..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah. If you don't put me on your friends list i will burn josh groban's house down...p.s i am pretty jealous of your motivation. if i don't go to the gym soon i will turn into a marshmellow. (well a toasted one cause i'm brown)

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!