Thursday, August 12, 2010

I Really Miss Him.

So Riley left this last friday for training in California. he'll be gone for about 5 weeks and some change. and i was doing ok. he's been able to call every night and it's been AMAZING to hear his voice. and then yesterday and today he surprised me by calling really early in the morning. and it's crazy how much the sound of that boy's voice can cheer me up. so then, why is it that as i sit here trying to get tired enough to sleep, that a few tears are escaping. I'm a strong girl. i know that i am. and it hasn't even been a week this time. i don't know i'm just really depressed, and i miss him like crazy. maybe it's cause our anniversary is next week, and he won't be here. not that it's been a huge production in years past. but every year i roll over to him around 4 am and just whisper "Happy Anniversary Cute Bum" and in return i ALWAYS get him turning around and pulling me close. i like it when he holds me really close like that. it's like there is nothing else in the world but me and him. i've been the luckiest girl in the world these last 7 years to have him in my life. and even luckier the last 4 to be able to have been married to the most amazing boy i've ever known. i will love him until my last breath. and even some in the next life :) sure we've had our ups and downs in the past few years. but nothing too tremendous, and with the foundation we have built... nothing it bringing us down. we know whats important and whats not. you know you're a military couple when you don't care if it's freezing, or it's hot and humid. or if the bed you're sleeping on has a plastic covering and you feel like a 5 year old. or if you are cramming into a twin bed. you're grateful for the twin bed, because you get to share it. and after driving back and forth every weekend while he was still in training. we were pretty broke from getting a hotel every single weekend. but i'd take broke and being able to see him than being loaded and alone.

So Rye, if you are reading this. please know how much i absolutely adore you! and i miss you alot. but as you already know. i'll be patiently waiting for you. and you're worth it every time. i will always wait for you. you're the only boy i'll ever love. and probably the only one that would ever put up with me :) you do so much for me, and for that i'm extremely thankful. and thank you for Deezul, even though he can't stop the tears from falling on lonely nights like this, he licks them right off my face and chin. and reminds me that i have too much to smile for to be crying. I Love You Cute Bum, always.
~Your Sav

2 comments:

  1. You are so strong. I don't how know you do it. if you ever need to talk.. I am all ears. I love reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sav, you brought tears to my eyes with this post! I know that it's hard, but he's so lucky to have you. You're an amazing woman! Before Lincoln left to Afghanistan he wrote to me that he'd gladly give up 7 months to have forever with me. I'm so happy that you two have each other, and just remember that although you have to be apart for weeks, or even months, you get to have him forever! I love ya, and I can't wait for Riley to be home so that you can have a Happy Belated Anniversary! <3

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!