Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm Yours

this last fall i fell in love with a new-ish band "The Script" they are Irish, and amazing! and usually when i find a new band, i listen to JUST them for a few weeks, learn all the songs so that forever on i can sing along. so about a week or so into listening to them, i had only listened to one of the songs like twice cause it was really slow so i assumed it was a downer of a song. and then i was in the car driving with Rye one night, and he found that song. and told me it put perfectly into words how he felt about me. and he played this song. and i bawled. sometimes i don't realize how sensitive Riley really is. i mean i know he is a softy... but sometimes he still surprises me.



here are the lyrics

You touch these tired eyes of mine
And map my face out line by line
And somehow growing old feels fine
I listen close for I'm not smart
You wrap you thoughts in works of art
And they're hanging on the walls of my heart

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough
And never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours

You heeled these scars over time
Embraced my soul
You loved my mind
You're the only angel in my life
The day news came my best friend died
My knees went week and you saw me cry
Say I'm still the soldier in your eyes

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough
And never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
I know I don't fit in that much
But I'm yours


When Riley was at bootcamp i couldn't listen to that song without bawling... and here i am less than an hour till our anniversary starts, and my ipod decides it's going to play that song. and of course i start to cry... AS ALWAYS.  it's become one of my most favorite songs. especially cause i can hear Riley's voice quietly singing it to me while snuggling in bed.

4 years ago i became Mrs. Gardiner. and it was the best decision i ever made. and by far the easiest. no where in the world is there a more caring, loving, amazing, funny, and sometimes just disgusting guy. but i sure as heck do love him alot. i can't believe it's been almost 7 years since we first met. boy how our lives have changed.

2010 has turned out NOTHING like what we were hoping for... if you remember while he was at bootcamp i posted how 2010 was going to be the best year ever... and here we are 8 months into it.... and it's just about to get harder from here. it has been the most heartbreaking yet rewarding year. every time we are forced to be apart, it means there is an amazing reunion at the end :) and as the amazing Tiffany knows.... Reunions almost make it worth it. so while this is yet another thing he's missed in 2010 i think he's only not missed the 4th of july and easter. we have LOTS more years to go. if we live to be 100 well and him a year older. we will have been married for 82 years..... thats craaaazy!!!

if year 5 is half as good as year 4 was... we're in for one heck of a ride. i've been so fortunate to be able to spend so many days with my amazing husband. i know alot of other wives are not so fortunate, when we are together in every prayer we make sure to thank God for all the time we spend together. someone thought this odd since i had only seen him for 2 hours in 2 days at the time. i had to explain to them that i go days and weeks without contact with him. 2 hours is a blessing. and one i am not about to take for granted.

soooo Blogging friends... thank you once again for sticking around. i know it's been a mushy post, but c'mon i'm allowed to do that on my anniversary. especially when i have to spend it alone. maybe i'll go pick myself up some flowers for the house.... probably not. cause i'm still grounded from flowers :)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love that song, and the lyrics gave me chills! Thank you so much for sharing it. And, Happy Anniversary! I'm sorry that I was too sucked into my day yesterday to say Happy Anniversary! I can't wait until he's home with you. But, I'm so glad that you two can expose your sensitive sides to each other. It's a wonderful feeling, being able to feel so vulnerable and exposed, and yet so safe. I love that.
    It's crazy how you treasure minutes when you know that you're going to have to be apart. But, I believe that the love between the two of you is going to grow stronger and deeper than you ever thought possible. I always think to myself that no one could ever love anyone more than I love Lincoln, and that how could our love grow when it's already so vast? But, Savannah, he's home, and even after being apart, our love feels stronger, deeper, more intense, and we keep falling more into love with each other.
    I'm so happy that you have your perfect match. Riley is so lucky to have you, and you're amazing! I'm so excited for him to come home to you, and I'm so excited that you're going to get to fall more in love with him in the years to come. Isn't it crazy how "growing old feels fine"? I wonder if you and I will be blogging about being old one day:)

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!