Thursday, December 2, 2010

Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas

I honestly meant to write this post last night, because it just doesn't mean the same today, but i was falling asleep! and then Riley got online so i talked to him for a bit. i guess he tried to call not too long after that, and i was so asleep i didn't hear my phone..... none of the 7 times he tried to call... I know i know, i'm the worst wife in the whole entire world!!! So now i am sitting in bed FINALLY writing this blog. Deezul has been on super protective mode lately, so he got me up at 5 so he could patrol the perimeters of the house growling, and then go outside and bark at the little old lady who was on a walk... freakin butthole.

Yesterday was exactly 1 Year from the day Riley left for bootcamp. how crazy is that?! Babe, when you read this, i want you to know how extremely proud of you i am. i can't imagine doing what you do everyday...

Anyway, i thought i would do kind of a highlight on what has happened to us in the last 12 months... well mostly me, cause i can't keep track of Riley completely. So here is my list of my first full year as a USMC WIFE.
  • I have lived in 8 different houses.
  • I have had 9 hotel stays 
  • I have camped on the beach for almost a whole week. 
  • Between Feb 24th-May 14th i Logged 198 hours in JUST my back and forth from Utah and California, that doesn't include around town driving, just the LONG trips. that equals out to 8.25 days. and might i add, i never once got into a wreck, or got a ticket of any kind.
  • During those drives, i listened to 14 Audio Books
  • I met Kristy, and Kaitlyn.. who have both proved to be amazing friends
  • We were stationed at Camp Pendleton in San Diego
  • THEN we were switched to Hawaii
  • i've learned to not take technology for granted, being able to chat, text, or message is an AMAZING thing that most people never fully grasp how much it means.
  • i lost almost 30lbs (and only gained 5 back from all the traveling and living in hotel rooms)
  • I got a puppy in June (little Deezul Oliver Gardiner... yes his initials are DOG) he's now 7 months old, and is the greatest blessing in my life right now. he keeps me busy everyday, loves me when i'm lonely... and makes me laugh and smile when i just want to break down. i love him alot.
  • i celebrated 4 years of marriage to my best friend. He was away at training, but we both got new running shoes for eachother.
  • i quit biting my nails (after doing it my entire life!) 
  • i spent 8 Holiday's without Riley (Christmas2009, new years, his birthday, my birthday, Valentines, St Patricks Day, Labor Day, and Thanksgiving) Here's to hoping next year includes a few more holidays spent together.
I know i'm forgetting alot of things, and i know that there is a WHOLE other list that Riley would have to put together of things that he's accomplished this year... i'll see if i can get him to put one together and e-mail it to me, i'd actually really like for him to have a post on this blog that HE did.... so RYE!!! when you read this, what do you say Cute Bum? would you mind?

Well i've turned on the Christmas Music... and there is one that i remember would make me BAWL last year whenever i'd hear it, this year i'm doing a lot better with it, but it can still jerk a few tears from me. i think it has quickly become my FAVORITE Christmas song... last year i found comfort in the lyrics "through the years, we all will be together. if the fates allow" i assumed last year that this year the fates would allow us to be together... i don't know what God has planned for me, the big guy has plans... that i DO know for sure. so i'm trying to live through this deployment and be as upbeat as possible... because i know that i'm not supposed to be with him this year, he's off doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing. and i'm here on the home-front... doing exactly what God wants me to be doing, i'm the best possible support and motivation for Riley, i support him in every single possible way, and he knows what he has waiting for him at home, and he's going to fight as hard as he can to get home to me and little Dee. soo.... as i like to do... here is the song of the day :)



Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.

Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.

Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
And have yourself A merry little Christmas now.

 

Next year babe, i have a feeling the Fates are going to allow us to spend the holidays together. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!