Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday! - No Boring Breakfast Here

Alright so i promise not to make this blog all about weight loss, or fitness or anything like that... So i have given myself a rule, i am ONLY allowed to post anything like that related(except for races and such) on Wednesdays, so welcome to the first ever weight loss Wednesday. After i posted about that girl (you know, the one that is TINY now) i decided it WAS the perfect motivation. I started tracking what i am putting in my mouth, which for me has always been the one thing i WON'T do. I put an App on my phone so that i can track anytime anywhere, and can simply look up the foods on the app rather than have to look up online how many calories something has. According to the App i should be taking in 1240 cal per day (it went down to 1220 after i entered my new weight yesterday). tracking my food has made a WORLD of difference. I am having to watch everything! i bought these new pumpkin spice almonds (AMAZING!!!!!)
i bought this whole container on base for only $5, YA, go grab some NOW!!! anyway, they are amazing, but i am only allowed 22 nuts at a time... and that's 160 cal just for some almonds. now some would argue, almonds are good for you, YES they are. however too much of a good thing isn't always good for you. counting out my almonds, and putting them in a baggie was slightly depressing the first time, because Riley and Kyle were just snacking on them in the car, asking if i wanted any... and i couldn't.. it was a sad day.

I am also a firm believer that when you eat the same thing day after day, it's NOT going to end well... so i have been mixing it all up big time! here are my last three breakfast's
 This scramble has 2 egg whites and 1 full egg, some sliced up tomatoes, green peppers, corn stripped from the cob, red peppers, 1 slice of turkey lunch meat, cottage cheese, salsa and black pepper that plus my 1/2 of the orange i cut up totaled 260 calories, and you can see the edge of my drink, i've been drinking the strawberry crystal lite (always been my favorite)
 I have always HATED greek yogurt, it's too tart and just UGH... but i knew that to get serious about this i would have to start eating it... so i tried the yoplait honey vanilla, pretty dang good. So this is the 100cal yogurt cup, with 3 frozen strawberries sliced up (it was too many strawberries in my opinion... it was like yogurt coated strawberries rather than yogurt with berries) and then an 1/8 cup of rolled oats sprinkled on top. this totaled 191 calories, looking back on yesterday i would have added something else, cause i got hungry a little sooner after this than i was expecting. i think 250 calories is good to hover around for breakfast. Too low and you get hungry soon after
check this out... ya it looks amazing... this was my breakfast about an hour ago. it's 1 cup vanilla soymilk, 5 frozen strawberries, half a frozen banana and 1/4 cup of oats. This is 282 calories. and worth every single one! i actually made this same smoothie without the oats for dessert last night. it's such a simple recipe but it tastes like we bought it. I made one for one of the Marines and he thought it was amazing. so this recipe is a for sure winner!
you cannot tell me that a doughnut looks better than these meals.

Riley and i eat healthy 75% of the time normally, however i never measured my almonds or cottage cheese... and so i was taking in too many calories to lose any weight. Even with all the working out! With simply tracking what goes IN my body and paying close attention to my bodybugg to track how many i am burning... i have lost over 4 lbs... since Saturday. My skin is clearer, i have a glow! and i feel better. Yesterday i got home after work and was BORED cause Riley is gone, and i ended up eating a brownie someone had brought us... when i tracked it... it was 150 calories... for a tiny brownie. i won't tell you it wasn't good... cause it was. but not worth having to adjust my day around! i would rather have a chocolate pudding with whip cream for 70 calories.

My goal is to be down by 10 lbs by the time Riley returns. I am confident i will shatter that goal :) stay tuned for next Wednesday to see how i'm coming along!

1 comment:

  1. Love this blog idea! Your food looks so yummy. We don't cook much, mostly because we don't know what to make thats healthy and all that, but really need to start. You should totally put up the recipes of the stuff you post on here!

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!