Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Run To You!

The Saga continues!

I am still driving back and forth to see my Marine on the weekends. the last 2 weeks i actually spent at my dad's and grandpa's house, it was nice. i got to hang out with my dad and awesome stepmom. spend sometime with the COOLEST grandparents in the world... surf, and have a MUCH shorter drive to get to my Grunt!

Easter weekend was nice! i had surfing that morning, so right after i checked into our hotel so it was like 1 pm. ran upstairs and got cleaned up! i smelt of ocean and wetsuit (for those of you unfamiliar with that stench, not really one you want to smell like when you greet your spouse whom you never see :)  i got out of the shower and just fell over on the bed in just my towel for just a minute to relax for a few. surfing kicked the crap out of me! so i'm laying there, hair wet, just a towel on. and i get a text. i figured it was probably Ali (my awesome little sister) but NOOOO it was that Marine of mine. text read like so

"I can't reply back to this. but we should be getting off work early, so you should get here pretty soon"

i don't talk to him during the week at all. so he didn't know i was already in oceanside. so i hopped up. through on my beach dress since my clothes were pretty much all still in the trunk, put my hair in a ponytail and ran out the door. i showed up at the barracks about an hour later... man i hate traffic! Rye saw me out the window, smiled and said it would just be a few minutes. a few minutes later he came down to get me.
because he's married i have to check him out on fridays so we don't have to have a tag-a-long. i got out of the car. he looked me over and asked if i had any other clothes. i had forgotten i was just wearing my beach dress... and it shows WAY too much cleavage for anything other than the beach. and when i go to check him out, all the other marines are shamelessly vocal about what they think. it's good for my self esteem. but inappropriate non-the-less. that and as Rye says "you're mine Sav, i don't care that they look at you but i do care what they think about you" so i needed to look a bit less like a dime store hooker. but i had brought my clothes up to our hotel room. luckily i had my white leather jacket, i put that on and it looked adorable!

we headed back to the hotel... and Rye found out that the Easter bunny had visited him :)
ya, i'm turning into a little Sav Homemaker... except that i don't have a home :) 

anyway so we hung out friday night. saturday mornng Rye joined me for my surf lessons, and had a blast taking pictures. he was glad he was able to watch me enjoy a sport! here's a few of the highlights.\



that was day 3 or 4 of my surf camp. i'm now riding the big waves... so don't judge me. :)
saturday night we went out to a nice dinner. and got cold stone.

Sunday we went and saw "clash of the titans" at like 10 am. afterwards we wanted to do some shopping... but everything was closed it being easter and all. we went down the the beach, and walked around for a bit. then went back to the hotel. we ended up renting Avatar on our hotel TV. about 20 minutes into the movie, the earthquake hit. it was pretty funny. Rye had never been in an earthquake and it was definitely something completely new to him. that night we found a way cool restaurant ON the beach. it was nice because it was a holiday weekend. he got ANOTHER day with me. so i didn't have to take him back to work till monday at 6pm.

and thats the easter weekend update. i'll update more a bit later. he got his job assignment and everything, so i'll update later today. but i have an appointment at a salon in like 40 minutes, so i gots to get goin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!