Monday, April 19, 2010

I WOULD DO ANYTHING FOR LOVE (but i won't do that)

alright, so i've been sitting here at the In-Laws with my blank blog up, but my dad-in-law has the utah-denver NBA game on... so i'm a bit distracted... so i'm going to try and get this written... but we'll see how long it takes. i'm glad i can type without looking, so i can watch the game, AND funnyt commercials and STILL type... and now that i'm looking back... only 1 extra letter was added... and i'm going to keep it there :)

ok... so now onto my update... while i was in the car after i picked up Rye this weekend... we had an ALMOST exact conversation that i typed about last week.... i started laughing, and then told him about my post. he thought it was funny to. someone commented and said we fight like an old married couple.... to that i respond. ya, we kinda do. but like the really happy married couples who don't really fight. more like bicker... but in a joking way. sooooo ya.

so i left St George on Friday around 12:30 or so... yes it was a bit late and that is Cali time NOT Utah time. I started driving, and the GPS told me i was going to arrive at 7:18... my new gps is AWESOME by the way. it has my speed on there as well as what the speed limit is where i am. so i hit vegas in REALLY good time, only to hit traffic... and it was BAD. there were 5 lanes, but then 2 branch off from the 15 to the 215... so there are 3 left. immediately after that a car had flipped completely over... bringing us from 5 lanes to 1 in less than a mile... let me just add in here that my car is a manual.. and my feet get claustrophobic so i drive barefoot on long drives.... i had a HUGE blister after that little hold up... and my feet were HURTING from pushing in the clutch for like an hour straight... if you don't drive a manual you won't understand that pain.

so after vegas the gps... i've since named him Doug until a more fitting name can decided. so Doug told me that i would now arrive at 8:05.. so now i'm stressing cause Rye is usually out by 6 or 7..so i call my gpa to discuss whether when i hit cali if Doug is going to take me on the route with the least amount of probable traffic. he said no and we decided on a new route... well that was probably a bad idea... cause i arrived ON base at 8:15pm...uh oh... luckily i hadn't heard from Riley at all... which was stressing me out cause then i was thinking that he might NOT get liberty this weekend and i went through the horrible drive for NOTHING... so i was stressing out only like 10 minutes from HIS part of the base and i get a text from one of his buddies letting me know it would be about 45 more minutes... WHEW... so i hurried over and parked outside the barracks... and waited patiently. well i hadnt been there 5 minutes when someone knocks on my trunk and then pops up at my window. and yes pops up he was squatting with his face about the same height as mine..

i've since told Riley that if he ever does that again... he will have to deep clean my car.. cause it scared the CRAP out of me. he just came out to let me know he was cleaning and was trying to hurry. anyway so we finally got him, got him checked out and free for the weekend. and we got the heck of the base... and had our typical friday night conversation. Saturday we didn't do much. we saw a movie... did his shopping.. and walked along the beach right before sunset. we left about 20 minutes before sunset because it was SO cloudy that the sunset would not have even been cool... just gray. OH OH OH we did see Dolphins at the beach. that was cool. after the beach Rye decided to satisfy my craving... he took me out for steak.... YUMMMM-O

Sunday morning we were going to go take some beach sunrise pictures... but when i got up i found that there was more fog than i had ever seen. Riley did convince me that i could get some cool foggy pictures.. see this is one of the many reasons i LOVE this man! he's always trying to fuel my interests. so here you go friends here are some of my results.

there were a few more but i'll just keep those for a later day. then we were just kind of walking around and Rye found me a HUGE piece of beach glass which i used as a stick... see


so then i took a few of Riley and his reflection in the wet sand.


and then my AMAZING husband professed his love for me... on a big scale. right before we called it and headed back to the hotel.


so now i'm back in St George.. just counting down till i go back to the love of my life... and in case you were curious i MAY find out where we'll be stationed next weekend.... KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!