Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Well Now That I'm "OUT"

I officially came out on facebook with the news yesterday, that Riley and I are expecting. I haven't blogged much this year because i was so afraid i would spill the beans much too early. but in case you are curious... or a total Sav stalker, here is a recap or the last 12 weeks... or i guess you could say the first twelve weeks.

Late November, i went into our fertility DR. on base who did yet ANOTHER ultrasound to make sure that i didn't have any cysts and that everything was going normal in there so i could start my drugs. Other than having one of my ovary's in the wrong spot(which we already knew), everything was normal. So he prescribed the drug and gave me the side effects... as well as told me he was pretty confident i would get pregnant soon and probably with multiples.

Riley and I had the big Xterra world championship run a few weeks later and i was experiencing all the super fun side effects... such as hot flashes. OK those are no joke. i would turn bright red and sweaty... and it would be pretty chilly... i thought i would pass out from the heat. 10 days after ovulation i had to go in to get blood work done to make sure my body actually did what it was supposed to. The Dr called and told me my levels were VERY high. so that was fantastic news. it gave me hope, cause i was honestly convinced it would not happen in Dec... but was glad everything was at least going the right direction

Christmas Eve we went on a hike, Riley, Deezul and I. Rye ran up the mountain a few times while i walked Deezul up. I kept up a pretty good pace but was disappointed in myself when i was getting tired. Christmas, came and went. it was fantastic and amazing. and we were just HOPING that in the next few months we'd get some great news... little did we know! The morning after Christmas, i got up early, got into my running clothes and told Rye i was just gonna run a quick 2 miles if he wanted to join me. around .75 miles i was definitely huffing and puffing. we got home after our run, and i was DONE! i could not believe how absolutely exhausted i was... and then it hit me... maybe i'm pregnant. I told Rye that night that even though i wasn't supposed to test for 6 more days i wanted to go get a test just in case. The next morning there was a very faint blue line (p.s. i HATE the blue dye tests) Well needless to say the tests got darker throughout the week. Wednesday my dr had me do some more blood work, and called to confirm that i was indeed "preggers".. his word NOT mine. He made an appointment with me and told me with my numbers from ovulation he was pretty sure there was more than one in there... so we would check in 3 weeks.

Riley left for training soon after the new year. so i would spend January all alone (so sad!) The morning sickness hit hard at 6 weeks. I was feeding Deezul (Rye was still home) and the smell of his food sent me into severe dry heaving. it only got worse from there. But Rye and I smiled at each other... knowing that morning sickness was a good sign.. and it meant "today i am pregnant"... i am 12 weeks now and even more sick than before. and am SO grateful for it. not that i enjoy puking up everything i eat.. i just love the daily reminder that i'm finally getting what i want. so you will NOT hear me complain about morning sickness(which does NOT just last for the morning)

With the morning sickness i quickly lost 12 lbs... i have gained 3 back... but seem to be holding steady here. I went in at 7 weeks (exactly when i went in last time and was told the baby hadn't grown in 2 weeks and i lost it) at this point i had been having nightmares about having triplets almost daily. I told Rye i could handle twins... but i didn't think i was equip to handle more than that.

JUST ONE!!!! it was just a tiny little bean, and obviously didn't look like a human yet. heartbeat of 127.

even with how much weight I've lost... nothing seems to want to fit. and at this point... i am starting to look knocked up... that plus i cant suck in ANYTHING... it's a lost cause. my friend Steph didn't show a THING until almost 20 weeks... and yet I'll be the one that shows much sooner... goes to show EVERY body is different.

we went in last week and ended up getting another ultrasound. baby G was HUGE!!! you could see the face, and he/she was jumping, kicking waving... pretty much doing aerobics in there. Rye said it's definitely his kid :) heartbeat was 200 which would be considered extremely high, if they didn't see all the activity going on in there. We didn't get any pictures... which i'm really sad about... but everything was growing perfectly in there.

which brings us to this week. I signed up for the great aloha run back in January, with my friend and boss Autumn. oh and Rye did it too. it's 8.15 miles which is further than my longest race... I told Autumn my plan was to run 5 min and then walk 5 min... just to be safe. The plan went perfectly... until mile 6... i was done. my uterus hurt, my back ACHED, and my hips hurt like a beast. i ended up walking the last 2 miles... and i have no problem with that. i finished a race over 8 miles... PREGNANT. I was so impressed with myself. Riley did the race in 59 min (GO HIM!) the winner did it in 42 min, so Rye was NOT far behind him. The rest is history, the picture went up and the announcement was made. and this morning... i am SO sore.

We have our first appointment with our midwife tomorrow... so i will update... and thank goodness i feel free to blog again... i freakin hate secrets.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! You are going to be an amazing Moma! Keep up the exercise when you can! I'm SO happy for you! I can't stop smiling!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations to both of you. Such a blessing <3

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting.... I'm so happy for you guys!!!! LOoking forward to updates on you n baby G

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!