Friday, June 29, 2012

Running out of Time

I haven't blogged lately cause I was out of town, so this will be my little catch up.

There is not enough time left until Miles gets here. I have a list about a mile long of projects that need to be done... So luckily I am working less hours right now and should hopefully be able to complete a lot of them.

I'm home from my trip (THANK GOODNESS!). It was so nice to see so many friends and all my family, but at the same time, It's easier to adjust to Riley being deployed when you are home and can get into a routine.

The wedding in Northern California was absolutely GORGEOUS, I feel so incredibly blessed that I was able to be there for it, and was able to capture the moments for Kaitlyn and Daniel. I flew in on Wednesday, and until Sunday (the day after the wedding) we went non-stop. So while I was planning on finding a church building and going, I crashed ALL DAY! my feet were swollen at that point (not terribly but enough that I knew to put my feet up for a day). I did nothing but sleep the entire day, It was exactly what my body needed!

I flew out the next morning and headed to Utah. The turbulence was so awful that when I finally got off the plane I had to find a bathroom and puke (fun start to a trip). My mom picked me up and we went straight to Joann fabric and found the fabrics I want to use for the nursery.

My week was filled with good food, lots of loved ones harassing my belly, more smiles and laughter than I can count, and a very sweaty Sav (seriously 100 degrees pretty much the whole week).

I was able to meet BOTH of my newest nephews that I hadn't been able to see yet. Rafe who is now 9 months old. Seriously this kid is fantastic! I may have accidentally let him smash his head about 30 seconds into our first meeting, but I guess he forgave me because he pretty much loves me! He's not a fan of laying still while you change his diaper though... it must feel like such a vulnerable position to be placed in though, I'd probably thrash and wiggle the whole time too. Teagan, who is now 6 months is freakin adorable! He has little michelin man rolls all down his arms and legs and is wearing 12 month clothes already! He was such a happy and content baby the whole shower. He just sat wherever you put him and just giggled. Seriously I absolutely LOVE all 4 of my nephews, and cannot wait to supply them all with a cousin to play with, Especially Rafe and Teagan who will be close in age with Miles.

I was able to get Maternity pictures done. and CANNOT wait to see them. We were losing light quickly, and didn't get too many shots in, but from what I saw already they are fantastic. We drove the Alpine loop through AF canyon (most gorgeous drive ever!). It made me sad though, I had never driven the whole loop without Riley. We have SOOO many memories in that canyon, and it was so nice to drive through and remember what an amazing place it is.

Saturday was a CRAZY day! We started the day out early, for the AF canyon 5k. I had a big group there doing it with me, My mom, Dad, Stepmom, Father in Law, Lauren and Candace. I was worried some might back out, but no one did!

My father in law and Lauren stayed with me for the 3 miles, Lauren took off about a half mile from the finish (GO HER!) while I had to slow down cause I had a pain that I wasn't sure if it was normal or baby related, so I walked. Curt stayed with me the whole time and we finished together running across the finish! I was the only one that had ever done a race, and I think they were all pretty proud of themselves! My father in law even mentioned to Riley that he would think about training for a half marathon, Riley's response to me about it "And so it begins!"

I will update with pregnancy stats when I get my maternity pictures from Lauren OR sunday or monday I'll take a quick 31 week shot. but until then, here are just a few from the race :)



Oh Oh Oh! The best part of the whole story, So at packet pick up they couldn't find my number. They had my packet, just could not locate my number. So they gave me the run around and sent me to like 3 different tables before FINALLY assigning me a new number. However they didn't have anymore green numbers, Green = 5k Blue = Half marathon. So I was given a blue number, no big deal. The morning of the race, they kept making a big deal about how we were at the 5k start, and if you had a blue number "YOU MISSED IT!" I just let them continue to point stares at me and think I was stupid. But as I crossed the finish line they handed me a finishers medal. I thought nothing of it, I've done plenty of races where the 5k and half-ers all get finisher medals. It wasn't until later that I realized that no one else that ran the 5k had a medal... They saw my blue number and assumed. You know what they say about assuming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!