Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bark Box Day!

One of the girls at work was gifted this thing called a bark box... or I guess I should say Izzy(her adorable Pit Bull) was gifted it. As soon as I saw the post on her Facebook about getting it I had to look into it. About 10 minutes into checking out their website I had done the math and decided it was WELL worth the money to order this for Deezul. I have been TERRIFIED that Dee will be traumatized when he is not an only child, and is not as spoiled. I want to make the transition as easy as possible for him. I decided this was a good way to ensure that he still received lots of attention and love! Yes I understand that he is a dog... But if you know me, you know the attachment I have to Dee runs deep... He got me through multiple trainings with Rye gone, a deployment(working on #2) and infertility (including miscarrying). I honestly have such a deep love for him that I don't think many people could have with their dog. Just thinking about everything the 2 of us have gone through, makes me all teary eyed... I really just love him

His first one arrived super late in the month and I ended up having to contact them to make sure it was on it's way. They explained they were changing shipping carriers and assured me I would not have this issue again. They were right, on the 20th of each month (give or take a few days) a package arrives with Deezul's name on the box. I started by showing him the box, getting excited and telling him it was for him. Now I put the box on the ground, get all excited and say "Look what came for YOOUUUU!!!" and he flips the freak out! Today he started attacking the box trying to open it to see what was inside, I had to fight him to get it so I could open it for him.
 This is Dee trying to figure out how best to get this open
 One paw and teeth is the method he chose... I intervened after a few minutes!
 Once I open it I let him sniff the whole box so he can get even more excited. He then sits (all on his own, without being told) and waits for me to choose a goodie from the box for him.
 We went with the T-Bone steak toy. Now the ONLY problem I have with this toy (other than the fact that it's a squeaky toy and will cause me to possibly lose my mind... Is that stamped on it, is a Grade A meat seal(which I would be ok with) EXCEPT it says DogMeat.... awkward much?!
 Dee Fell in love! He kept hitting it with his paw to make it squeak,
 He'd then back up... "Talk" to it and POUNCE on it.

 Here are the rest of his "goodies" He got a edible chew toy... It claimed to be hours of entertainment and chewing... Dee took it, ran upstairs and in 10 minutes there was NO trace of it... Guess he loved it :). There was a pack of poop bags(I was really hoping this box would include some!) A bag of treats (He REALLY loves the treats!) and some edible, Peach flavored non-popable bubbles. Now I was curious how Deezul would react to bubbles after pinterest told me that dogs love nothing more than bubbles. So earlier this week I actually purchased some JUST to place with Dee. He was NOT a fan. So I wasn't quite as excited about the bubbles. But he kinda came around when he realized they were flavored. He doesn't go crazy, he just waits for them to land and then slowly approaches one, and licks it up.
I promise he eats! I know that this picture shows his ribs... but this dog just eats when he's hungry. Oh and we are still trying to re-fatten him up a few more pounds since his hunger strike when I boarded him to leave the Island.
The Steak was hands down his favorite toy he has received from a bark box this far! The toy made from recycled firehose he got 2 boxes ago is probably a close second. He took the steak upstairs and played by himself for a good 45 minutes with it! since then It has gone to every room he moves to. In case you are wondering, I am lying in bed, with a Dee burrowed under the covers... with a plastic steak resting under his paw and chin.

Is he the most spoiled/loved dog in the whole entire world?! In case you are thinking about signing up for a barkbox here is a code to get $5 OFF your subscription! sagar043 


And HERE is the link to their website! When I have had to contact them for different things, they have been SO quick to respond to my e-mails. It has been such an amazing experience and I am sure that when our subscription runs out that we are going to re-up

Oh and by the way, totally not getting anything for this blog post. I have just had a BILLION people ask what the bark box is, and so I figured Why not do a Barkbox review!

So far the ONLY thing we have not been head over heels for was a shampoo that came last month.. Deezul (being a Shar Pei) has super sensitive skin, and the shampoo was not great for his skin. I thought I'd try it. But afterwards I decided that sticking with our Oatmeal shampoo from the vet is probably best for us :)

1 comment:

  1. I am worried about this too, well we just got a puppy (German shepherd) and of course my cat, which I love more than life, we've recently started trying, and I'm worried about Nell :-/

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!