Sunday, January 16, 2011

Birthday Boy

So, another milestone has come and gone... i honestly meant to post about Riley's birthday on Friday when it actually was... but i've learned that if i keep myself BEYOND busy, i don't get sad. YUP YOU HEARD RIGHT.. I'VE LEARNED SOMETHING. I have been sooo busy with my friend Steph all week. but Friday was the first day in like 2 weeks that i didn't have anything planned... other than the Gym in the morning. I got home after the gym, was planning on hopping right in the shower (cause i was all sweaty and hot) but my mother in law called me to let me know she got her flowers.

Little background for you. On Riley's 20th birthday, he told me he wanted to go out and buy something for his mom, because she is the one who "birthed" him and she deserved presents as much as he did... cause she's the one who did all the work and should be celebrating. So we went out and got his mom something ( i think jewelery, but i'm not sure). Since then every year (with the exception of last year). He tries to get his mom a present... i know, you can all wipe a tear from your eyes, he definitely wins the greatest most sweetest son EVER award.

Since Riley is in country, we discussed that i would order his mom flowers from him. i spent a good long hour trying to figure out what ones to send, and finally decided on a bunch. She called to tell me that she LOVED them and they made her cry (she's a bawl baby, so that's not a surprise)... almost immediately after hanging up with her, Riley called me (so it's a good thing i didn't shower right away!!!). We talked about all the new pictures he posted on facebook, Laughed about a bunch of the new stories he told me (one included all the elements of an awesome story.. An Owl, An Attack, and a Chuck Norris Kick).. he then asked me about the flowers and wanted to make sure his mom got them, Asked what kind i got. When i told him he responded with "Was there any baby's breath in there?"
"ummm, no i don't think so."
"just a small little tip for the future... my mom LOVES baby's breath"
"i know, but all the arrangements with baby's breath were out of the price range we had discussed"
"oh, ok... just so you know for the future"

Seriously... i think he is the most Tender son in the world.

So my husband is now 24... that is crazy to me. i'm still 22.... for another few weeks :) I met Rye when he was 16. Time sure does fly when you're in love with your best friend! His birthday was on a milestone as far as the deployment goes.. so it was double exciting. It is sad though, the last time i got to celebrate his birthday with him he was turning 22... we didn't do anything too terribly exciting for that birthday, but i turned 21 about a month later, we went to the hinder/theory of a deadman concert that night, and then went to Vegas a week later to celebrate with Kat and Zack, by seeing KA ( a cirque du soile show) and that just seems like a lifetime ago...I love you Rye, we'll make your 25th beyond amazing! i promise!!!

On a different note... i am falling in LOVE with Regina Spektor. i think before long i'll be putting up one of her songs on here for you all. She's quirky and amazing!

I've been really busy with all the crafts i've been doing... i  can't post pictures of some of them, because i've been working on some AWESOME valentines day stuff... but i'm sending some of it to Riley, and he checks my blog and i don't want to ruin the surprise... but if you are really looking for a cute little idea for a valentines present, feel free to shoot me an e-mail, or hit me up on facebook. the others aren't secret, i just haven't finished. so i don't have any good pictures yet.. i will post them when i finish, which i hope will be today. i've acquired another cold.. i have the headache, body aches, sniffles... pretty much sucks.

Well Deezul is making me laugh, so i'm going to quit with this post, and go snuggle my little man. but i'll leave you with a few pictures!

one of my Valentine's crafts for the house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!