Monday, January 17, 2011

UGH!!!

Ok, so i did some MUCH needed shopping today... when i moved here, i packed what fit in ONE suitcase... and that is all i have had. CRAZY HUH! other than the occasional purchase.. which is like 3 or 4 skirts.. thats it. so i REALLY needed some more clothes. especially if i am going to mope around the house and not do laundry for weeks... it would be nice to have some clothes that smelt clean and fresh :) judge me if you will... but when i don't have Rye getting all close and intimate with me... i don't mind the smell... HAHAHA (don't worry, i am wearing clean clothes. and FOR SURE clean underwear... but sometimes i spill something on a skirt or pants... and still totally wear them again) like i said.. judge me, but my husband is OFF AT WAR!!! (yup, you better believe i am going to continue to use that excuse this entire deployment :) )

Back to my shopping story... so i was trying on clothes, and it made me feel absolutely MASSIVE... so i am going to go OVERBOARD on the working out slash eating healthy. i don't really have an excuse... i'm not working, so that is kind of my job.. as a house wife, it is my duty to work on the "wife" part of the description. i have once again quit Soda...  I KNOW I KNOW, i never should have started drinking it again.. but when Riley got back from bootcamp, he always wanted to "share" a drink so we didn't have to buy 2, and since he wasn't allowed soda at bootcamp, that's what he REALLY wanted... so i would have been EVIL to say no... i'm also re-giving up Salt... i am an absolute salt addict... and it is SOOO incredibly bad for you.. so 2 of my favorite things... are once again, OFF THE MENU. farewell Salt and Soda... i will miss you... except that i won't miss what you do to me... you've been selfish.

So i don't remember if i blogged about this, but my AC broke the other day.. about 4 days ago... ok so it was technically my fault, i didn't change the air filter, and it got soo dirty that it froze up.. so i had to thaw it out, and i have to replace the air filter... but i DIDN'T do this.. why you may be asking "Why Sav... why would you NOT do this small thing if it meant you could have nice cold air all the time" "BECAUSE MY HUSBAND IS AT WAR, AND IT'S HIS JOB TO CHANGE IT, AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO!!!" i tried... and ended up near tears... not near enough to tears though, as i still have yet to have a major breakdown... i keep expecting it to happen, because history shows us ((yes, you can read back on my blog and prove this)) that i ALWAYS have a breakdown while he away.. unless i have finally perhaps, gotten the hang of this insane life... i keep feeling guilty for the money i've been spending for crafts and such.. but it honestly keeps me SOOOO busy, and i think it makes things a TON easier!!! and with all the amazing craft blogs i have come across recently, our bank account is in big trouble.

Speaking of expensive-ness, i just discovered ETSY last night (i know i know, i am WAAAAAAY behind on this one.) probably a very good thing... i spent about an hour last night looking up "biking" stuff... ya, can you tell i am married to a cyclist... i was laughing at jokes like "happiness is perfect chain tension" aaaand my favorite.. which i am TOTALLY getting this framed art in my house it reads "Marriage is a neat invention... then again, so is bike repair kits" buahaha, i know i am probably the only person that reads this blog that will get this... other than Rye, and he'll appreciate that he has rubbed off on me more than a little.

So total random tangent here. you all know how i quit biting my nails a year ago right... right, ok well they are getting stronger, but my problem now is, they are ALWAYS getting gross and dirty underneath them... i keep something with me to clean out under them... but it still grosses me out... is this normal, or should i be wearing latex gloves cause this island is disgusting... thoughts anyone...

By the way... it's been hitting me lately that i REALLY miss Riley and my other "brothers"... one of the boys is supposed to be getting out shortly after this deployment... but i hope he stays, i don't think he realizes how much he BELONGS... i think he would regret it for the rest of his life if he got out now, while most of his friends still had 4-5 years at least left. THINK ABOUT IT!!! (yes Rye you can pass on the message!)

1 comment:

  1. I never shop, I always feel so huge by the first thing I try on I actually get upset enough to cry and then just go home. My clothes are like...4 or 5 years old. They need to be replaced but I need to lose some serious weight first. Breakdowns are ok! I would break down so much, I probably will when it's my turn. I'm even further behind than you are, whats Etsy? I think I want to start scrapbooking once I get a camera. Seems like a fun little hobby. Oh and the nails, It's generally normal. it's just the dirt that comes from everything you touch. Even scratching your head or something. You could always paint your nails so your not super aware of it ;) No i'm not dirty for anyone who reads this comment lol but it bugs me too.

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!