Friday, January 28, 2011

Smooth Criminal

First things first... Steph asked me to clarify that she only sleeps half the day when she works graveyard... she didn't want all my blog readers to think she was simply lazy... now that i got that out of the way!

ON TO THE POST! p.s. i'm typing this post with wet fingernails... i don't know why i feel the need to tell you this since i'll fix any typo-s and you all don't care how long it takes me to type this.... but now you know.

I don't really know what i'm planning on posting about... not that it's rare for me to post without something in mind... hopefully i'll think of something...

Riley is doing well, he's bored and in his words he "feels like a caged Lion" which sucks for him, but helps me sleep at night to know he's bored :) RATHER YOU BE BORED THAN BE MISSING A THUMB! All the boys seem to be doing good as well. Alot of them have SOOO many deep rooted issues, and i just want to be the "sister" and let them get it all off their chests, cause alot of them honestly feel like they are terrible people. But i know that they feel odd talking to me about all of this, they see me as the person i have become in the last year (A Mormon girl who tries as HARD as possible to follow the principals of our religion) i wasn't always that girl, i made plenty of mistakes. i joke around that Riley is this PERFECT guy, and i'm extremely flawed... but when it comes down to it, thats not too far from the truth. I know he has his flaws... we all know about the gold wrappers, and the fast food cups in the sink... when he gets stressed out, he snaps at me (but i've learned this and don't say ANYTHING back to his remarks... and within the hour he appologizes for snapping, and i win that argument without EVER engaging in it) he called me his mom once... it took ALOT for me to keep my mouth shut on that one... but i'm glad i did :) he forces me to go biking, when it's not something i genuinely enjoy(try as i might!) and when i really want something, he usually responds with "we'll see" which 99% of the time means no... but those are TINY flaws... even though they sure as heck feel like HUGE ones when i want to rip his throat out :)

mine are far deeper than that. I've done things i'm not proud of, but i'm not ashamed of my past.. it made me into the girl i am today.

I have a new addiction to shopping.. KAT, you've created a MONSTER!!! until last year when Riley was at bootcamp, i'll be the first to admit, i really didn't have a sense of fashion... i mean i just wore jeans and t-shirts, that was about it, and the Kat helped me evolve into the money spending monster i've become. When i quit biting my nails, i would paint them almost daily with all the awesome nail polish Kat had in her collection. then we were pulled apart and i was forced to get my OWN nail polish. i didn't want just the wet n' wild, cause that stuff doesn't work as well, look as nice, and it dries up on me way too fast! So i was in a predicament cause i didn't want to spend $5-$8 a bottle... Riley however didn't see a problem with that and bought me my first bottle of Sally Hansen's HD nail polish.. it's smurf blue, and i don't wear it all that often... but i fell in LOOOOVE!!! here i am, 11 months later with at least 16 nail polish bottles... only 3 of which are clear polish... yea... it's a problem! BUT i bought a new color last night and i LOOOOVE it.. i call it Mermaid Tail, even though thats not the official name!
Smurf Blue... it looks just as bright ON! probably why it's HD
my now somewhat large nail polish collection
Mermaid Tail
Mermaid Tail... applied.

but on my shopping trip last night i bought a new purse.. it was on sale really cheap.. and i REALLY needed a new purse, my black one i've had for like 2 years has been starting to rip for a while now... LOOK HOW CUTE!!


My Mailman stopped by my house the other day and told me i owed him 51 cents in order to recieve this letter that was sent to me, because the sender put two stamps on but it didn't fully cover the cost... LAME HUH?! anyway it was from Kat, it was this CUTE necklace she made me. she made it with Beach Glass we found on our weekend in Cali when we camped on the beach. all the girls are TOTALLY jealous of it! as they should be cause it's sooo dang cute!!
So ya.... there are a few pictures for you... all of those things make me VERY happy this week :) I've also recently discovered "stumbleupon.com" it is AMAZING!!! and i have sooo many more craft ideas now.. ugh... dangerous!!! anyway i'll leave you with this awesome video i stumbled upon!

2 comments:

  1. I have no sense of fashion whatsoever, I wish I did. I can never find clothes that I like on me. Though the two things I am obsessed about and love are nail polish and makeup, more specifically eyeshadow. It's so fun to get that stuff and feel pretty and experiment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the necklace!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!