Monday, January 24, 2011

Oh Say Can You See!

for those of you that are friends with me on facebook, you may have seen my status this afternoon about our National Anthem... i honestly think it is one of the most gorgeous songs ever. i've been to numerous events with Riley(dirt biking, car races) and 9 times out of 10, whoever is singing... BUTCHERS the song. it IS an extremely difficult song to sing, but those who CAN sing it, can give me chills (and if they are really good, make my eyes water). Having my husband join the military was not something we were planning on when we were 16, laying in the grass talking about our futures. Heck, it wasn't something we were planning on when i was 20 and we were laying in the grass talking about our future. it's funny how things play out. I've always LOVED this song, i had the priveledge of singing it twice now, (once with a group of about 6 when i was still living in washington.. and i'm sure i sounded like a chipmunk, and the 2nd time was with my long time best friend Lauren, at our schools basketball game) i'd like to think i didn't butcher it for people... except for the first time, but i was like 9 and thats to be expected :) but i was NO WHERE near the point of giving anyone the chills. haha, usually about once every 6-9 months... i get re-addicted to this song, and listen to like a BILLION renditions on youtube. today friends, was one of those days. so for your listening pleasure, here is my pick of the day. :)


GLEE! i LOOOVE this version! she is insanely talented!!!

i'm so thankful for our country, and for all the Brave people who defend it... including that amazing man i married, many years before the military was a real option for him and us. We have it SOOOOO Good because of guys like him who are willing to lay down their own life, if it comes to that, and for what? purely for the love of their country, even if they don't agree with past or current leaders, they stand for the ideal of America... They hold on with the Faith that our country is worth it, that our cause is worth it, That it's the right thing to do,  and that it will all pay off in the end. I am an EXTREMELY proud Marine Wife, and every morning when i roll over and see Riley's uniforms hanging in the closet(i can see them because i haven't hung up laundry in a LOOOOONG time and if i had they would be covered... besides the point) I get the warm fuzzies that what we have faith in as a family, IS right... we ARE doing the right thing, and this country IS worth it.

wow.. i'll stop ranting now :) keep Rye's unit in your prayers as well as Jaxon... Jaxon is home from the hospital (again!) he has one more round of chemo and then they are going to be preparing for surgery to remove the tumor, then he has a few more rounds of chemo and a bone marrow transplant... AND THEN HE TURNS 4! I am so proud of our Nephew, he is such a strong kid. And his parents are amazing, i don't know how they do it, but they inspire me daily!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan makes fun of me, but I get teary-eyed every time I hear the National Anthem as well. Most recently, the Ducks game on NYE. I look at him standing at attention and think all the same things you described in your post. This wasn't an option for us in college, when we were married in 2006, or even when our son turned one... But I wouldn't trade it for the world and I love my husband more and more every day for this decision!

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!