Friday, February 4, 2011

ACCOMPLISHED!

Just like my title suggests, i have actually accomplished something! WOOOO (and the crowds go wild for Sav!!!)

Before i continue on with this post, i just want to throw in here that i'm sitting on my couch with Deezul snuggling watching New Moon... and Edward just left and she's all in her little zombie mode.. The book totally makes me cry every time... but i really like how they portrayed it in the movie as well (much less craptastic than the first one)... except her screaming in her sleep is....awkward, and really who wakes up screaming in their sleep because they realize they are chasing "nothing"...

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULAR PROGRAMMED BLOG!

So i don't know if i have posted about what i have named "Mold Bathroom"... pretty much, on base housing sucks. as my brother pointed out today on the phone, i am facing FAR more dangerous things than my amazing husband. In the housing we are living in, we not only have BLACK MOLD, we also have lead paint... i face death EVERY DAY while he is away, breathing in CLEAN AIR... just thought i'd point that out. anyway, i have tried EVERYTHING to make this mold go away, bleach, vinegar, special cleaners, the magic eraser... nothing works.. and it looks something like THIS!



Ignore my mess.... it's my ONLY bathroom.

ok, so it was REALLY gross and bad... so i mentioned to my awesome Father in Law that i was painting. He liked the idea and thought it would be good for me to do a project or something to keep busy (little does he know i have about 30 half done projects around the house :) ) He proceeded to tell me how i need to do the proper PREP work for this paint job, repeating the motto of "the key to a really good paint job, is a good prep job" convincing me to sand down the current crappy paint job and tape everything properly, unscrew all the rods from the wall... yadda yadda yadda... I told HIM that every time they paint these apt's they never do the proper prep job, so if i was to do that now, it wouldn't make a difference, because there are probably 18 layers of paint on the walls.. he didn't care and told me to do the proper work..

and THIS is when i'm glad i live across the ocean :) cause he had NO way to make sure i was doing it the "right" way. now i DID learn my lesson from my "chalkboard" paint project, so i KNEW that putting tape down was an absolute must. but i don't like the sound of sand paper, and i didn't feel like unscrewing the things from the wall.. so i did a "Sav version" of the prep... once again, i know that Riley will notice that i only painted behind the toilet as far as people will actually see, and there is paint in spots it shouldn't be, but EH, overall i was pretty proud.. here is SAV'S prep work.


Yes, i used Tin foil and tape to guard what i didn't want painted... i decided it looked like i was protecting my bathroom from an alien invasion... as long as they were they aliens from signs.

Steph stopped by after i had started painting the first wall and helped me finish the first coat of paint. took about an hour and a half or so... then the directions said wait 4 hours and paint a 2nd coat.... Steph had class and had to take off... and knowing me... i only waited a little over 3 hours and did the 2nd coat... finished it while listening to the audio book of "i am number 4"... decided to peel off the foil and tape, and guess what...

Steph was right and i am SO glad i decided to paint! i was planning on painting a long time ago, but just never did it. i am so excited to finish decorating it! here are the "after" pictures, but before decorating.



it kinda looks purple in the pictures, but it's a light blue. YAY!!! next up is the hallway :) and possibly my bedroom.

on a totally separate note, this morning as i headed inside from picking up Steph from her graveyard shift, i was walking down my few steps, and for some reason this spot on the wall caught my attention.
and closer up

That boy's and girls, is a mud print of my husbands muddy BUTT! buahaha, he had to PT in the mud and rain a way long time ago, and when he got home from PT (workout) i made him mostly undress outside since i had JUST mopped and swept... so he leaned against the wall to take off his boots and this spot was made. when i ran the hose through the living room and out my front door to wash it... the whole area flooded.. if you remember right! haha so after that i just kinda forgot about the spot... until today, and now i kinda want to leave it, i mean i remember that morning like it was last week, and i feel like it's one mess of Riley's i should be allowed to keep until he gets back. :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha you have to leave the butt print! It lives up to his nickname anyway. The bathroom looks great. I don't think we're allowed to paint here, but I definitely haven't seen any black mold. I'd be all over housing on that. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mold is seriously ridiculous ugh! Housing won't do anything about it? Anyway awesome job on the bathroom it looks so much better! And without the "proper" prep job lol I agree with Kristy you have to leave the butt print! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. If mold comes back try Kilz paint. I say keep the muddy butt print, it probably made your day seeing it. It got left there for a reason....

    ReplyDelete

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!