Thursday, February 17, 2011

Be Mine

before i forget about this, there was a song on some random website, it was titled Be Mine, and was a "Robyn" cover by some Erik guy.. it was AMAZING, but itunes and youtube both have conspired to tell me it doesn't exist... it makes me sad.

I'm laying in bed(big surprise there) and decided while on hold, i should whip up a blog real quick.

Well the cats out of the bag.... I know what Riley got me for Valentines, and he knows what i sent him... problem being... neither of us have RECEIVED said gifts yet... he knows what i got him, because he stalks my blog like a creeper (love ya babe, but it's true) and IIIII know because it came out of our bank account already, and when it didn't show up on Tuesday.. i assumed that they would deliver it to me yesterday.. when that did NOT happen, and Riley called (FINALLY!! more to come on that later) he asked that i call and tell them i WANT MY PRESENT. i just BARELY got off the phone when them now, they found my order, and have NO idea why it wasn't delivered on Tuesday... felt so bad they upgraded it (pictures to come after expected delivery)

So you are probably wondering why the crap am i so lazy lately! i mean it seems like the entire month of February has been spent in bed for me... well thats because it pretty much has. I got Sick on Feb 4th, it is now the 17 and i am STILL sick. anyone that knows me knows that i ALMOST never get sick. i mean i've had our amazing military insurance for over a year now, and i have used it for the optometrist, and for ONE dr apt to see about getting a prescription (nothing was wrong though. I am that girl who when i am sick (like i am now) i just assume that i will get over it and don't worry about going to the Dr. That being said. When you have a NASTY cough for over 10 days, and instead of improving it's getting worse, and kinda changing... you should probably get checked out. Many people had told me that if i was still sick after 10 days and if i didn't get it taken care of, they were going to drag my butt to the ER themselves.

So Tuesday night was spent in the ER. Steph was sick as well and needed to be checked out (but that is a TOTALLY different story, and when SHE blogs about it, i will link her blog so you can all experience her adventure)

I walk in the ER and as the doors open my phone rings and it's Riley, so i chill outside for a min and talk to him, i let him know i'm at the ER but i'm fine, i have all my limbs intact(yes this is an actual fear being married to me. if any of you knew me right before Riley and i got together, i had to have my arm bones poked back through the skin and into my arm again. i almost chopped off 2 of my fingers with a hedgetrimmer, and the ER doc had to "poke" all my finger innards back in with a little stick) but apparently the phone on his end broke... so ALL he heard was "hey babe, i'm at the ER" i would have had a HEART ATTACK if i was him! so the phone went dead and i went back inside to check in., they took me right back to check me in. They get all my military info and right after that, the Doc takes me back and takes all my vitals (1st off, the pulse machine thingy said my pulse was dangerously low so the Dr grabbed my finger to try and warm it up, and was surprised when my finger wasn't cold :) ) he did the thing you always see on tv with the stethoscope when they put it at like every point of your back and listen while you take deep breaths (ok most of you probably don't think this is very cool.. but keep in mind, i have NOT been to the Doc unless i'm like on my death bed... and i don't think EVER for a "cold" so they never really do that) after my deep breathing apparently my pulse was more normal. however he wanted to get a chest xray done immediately. i asked him WHY i needed one and he just told me that he heard some stuff that he wants to get checked out.

So i head down the empty hallways following a map on my 8.5x11 paper... following the dots to the little X marked "radiology" i get back there.. most of the lights are off... so i have to pick up this little phone and tell whoever answers that i was sent back here. She meets me and then asks if i'm wearing a bra...........have you seen me? i can't exactly pull off the "no bra" look without looking like a belong in a run down wal mart. she tells me i have to take it off.. plus my jacket has a zipper, and my tank top has little plastic adjustment clips.. so it ALL has to go. so i am given a gown. we go into the Xray room and she asks if there is a chance i could be pregnant, to which the Smart Ass in me replies "well, my husband has been deployed to Afghan for X months now, so IF i am, we are dealing with an immaculate conception here!" she didn't think i was funny and pressed on with "So is that a yes?"

this part of the story IS pretty funny, and was probably the highlight of my night. So the girl is positioning me at the xray thingy(never had a chest xray before.. just FYI) she takes the first picture and then stands there and "hmmmmmmmm"'s for what seems like FOREVER. then she VERY awkwardly tells me
"I don't know how to put this, but your breasts are large, and they are blurring the xray machine... so we are going to try and do this another way" IMMEDIATELY following this statement, 4 more guys in army uniforms enter the room to "oversee" HA... ok. i told this to Kat and she gave me the best news of my life! that i ACTUALLY have a super power.. i can stop an xray machine with my chest!

i went back to the waiting room while they got my xrays printed, then they took me back, and examined me some more. apparently the first Doc could hear Bronchitis in me (i assume during his 25 point stethoscope inspection) they did the Chest Xray because my Bronchitis is really bad and he had feared it had turned into pneumonia. Had i waited a few more days without treating my bronchitis i was told twice that it would most likely have turned into pneumonia. i started with an upper respiratory viral infection, and because untreated it evolved into my current state which is bronchitis. They gave me all sorts of good drugs, and i was on my way! (except i had to continue to sit in the hospital until Steph was released as well)

So pretty much you'll all have to deal with my "bed rest" rants for another week. and hopefully the drugs do their job and i'll be back on the streets in no time (that really sounded like i just stated that i work the streets didn't it)

So a week ago, was really the last time i REALLY heard from Rye, then their phones were down, and then on Valentines day his entire 7 min valentines call was spent explaining the Joke that SOMEONE thought was funny. and then our ER call that was extremely short and not comforting... so last night Riley heard that the phones were fixed and apparently he RAN to call me. he sounded SOO relieved to hear my voice, he told me that all he heard was that i was at the ER, and then the phones broke and they told Riley they weren't sure when the phones were going to get fixed. then he was away all day and didn't have a chance to try and sneak a call to check on me. all the guys told him i was probably fine, and it wasn't a big deal, to which he replied with "when you've been with someone for 8 years, and they go to the ER... and you can't be with them and you don't know whats wrong with them. ya, that's a big deal".. i gave him the rundown on the ER, he was really glad i went so they caught it. and i thought it was adorable how worried about me he was :) but then he said something that just broke my heart... the guys told him i was going to be fine.. so he told them that our nephew went to the doctor with stomach pains, and left a few days later with a stage 4 cancer diagnosis.

So i understand his worry, it's a crappy situation for both of us, he doesn't get to know what goes on with me every minute of everyday.. and i don't get someone to take care of me.But i have a husband who loves me more than anything in the world (even if i'm not always worthy of it) and i have awesome friends! and i love my life... even if currently it is just being spent in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!