Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful Day 3- My Job

Everyone knew that i was taking a break from working. I was enjoying being a stay at home wife, and being able to devote my whole day to the welfare of our family. I got a call in April from a girl in my ward at church. We were both in nursery together, but i was extremely confused as to WHY she was calling me on a wednesday. She told me that her work was looking for someone to do sibling care during preschool, and she thought i'd be perfect for it. pretty much told me that she got me an interview. I went in the next tuesday, expecting an interview, her boss showed me around and then told me that i started as soon as i got back from my trip to Utah.

and BAM just like that i had a job. It has honestly been one of the greatest blessings this year. what started out as a simple 5 hours a week, grew into my now normal 25 a week of teaching preschool. I have never worked anywhere that after 6 months, i didn't DREAD going into work. I will admit there have been a few mornings, when the house is a disaster, or the weather is horrible, or Riley has jacked the car for the day... where i think to myself what an inconvenience having a job is. HOWEVER... having an extra paycheck, and being able to do things... like pay $1000 for a surgery for our dog, outweighs ANY con.

I adore the girls i work with. We find ourselves chatting all the time about ideas, work, and families. We are all so willing to pitch in and help each other. and we have ALOT of fun everyday. There is always something going on, or some funny story.

Don't think i'm only writing this cause tomorrow is my day off and i get to go enjoy the weather (which will probably rain) I really am so grateful that God knew what i needed, even when i didn't. and he sent me the opportunity that i needed.

So now i am going to lay in bed with Deezul and listen to the pouring rain outside my window. yay for living on a tropical island it's still 76 degrees outside :) don't hate me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!