Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Day 8- New Friends

Just to start this out, I want to apologize for NOT staying with this everyday, i had internet issues.... SOOOO and NOW i am without a phone for a few more days, so just bear with me... days 8-14 are coming at ya within the next few hours.

New Friends... i am SO thankful for all the new friends this life has brought us. I know i have shared this before but when Rye and I were still living in St George, he mentioned multiple times that he wished we had friends to just have a BBQ with, or a game night. and now we have SO many new friends and we are able to do the things he always wanted to.

When Riley was gone a few weeks ago, I was texted by a few of the guys who did not go to the training, making sure that i knew if i needed anything to make sure and call them. It was such a comfort knowing that if i found a centipede or rat (PLEASE NO) in my house, that i would actually have someone to call. because not knowing anyone who is able to help with that kind of stuff makes you feel more isolated on this tiny island.

Some friendships don't last too long, others last as long as they are meant to, and some last for a lifetime. No matter how long the friendship, they serve their purpose. To teach us to trust others... to teach us NOT to trust others so easily, to teach us that sometimes we NEED to humble ourselves and ask for helps, the lessons are never the same. So to those "New" friends for me, some of whom may not be friends anymore. I am thankful for you, as well as the lessons you have provided me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!