Monday, November 7, 2011

Thankful Day 7- My Husband's Skills

This last week as i was driving home from the vet with Deezul, a woman side-swiped me, she was only close enough to smack my side view mirror.... I heard the noise, looked over in time to see her "OH CRAP" look on her face... and that quickly turned into a panicked "HURRY HURRY" look as she hit the gas a pulled away, turning left as i turned right so i was unable to get her plate number.

I drove back to base with my mirror dangling, The guy at the front gate (it's one of the cops that i really like, he's the nicest man every day as i drive onto base, and has slowly over the past year learned a little about me, including that i work at the ASYMCA, my dog's name is Deezul, and he even knows i'm Mormon (that last one was spilled by one of the Marines that was irritated that they pulled us over for Riley having blood shot eyes)) He asked me what the heck happened, as the other gate guards were getting ready to issue a fix it ticket to me. i explained that some woman just did a hit and run and i was furious, but my husband was due back in a few days and would fix it. So my new favorite gate guard got me off with not even a warning but just a "try and have a better rest of your day"

I had to let Riley know that Dee and I were in a hit and run, but that we were both ok, and it could have been much worse. He assured me that he would fix it as soon as possible.... so i did a super ghetto duct tape job to get me through the week, i wasn't even sure it would hold up on the freeway.... YIKES.

Riley returned LATE last night, we had to drop Deezul back off at the vet's office for another surgery, and then i headed off to preschool.... 4 hours later when i returned home.. MY MIRROR WAS FIXED!!! when i told him how impressed i was he replied with "Sav, it pays off to have this knowledge!" YES IT DOES!!! what would have been at LEAST $150 to fix was less than $10.

I am SO thankful for Riley's knowledge of cars, it is what let us be able to buy a car for $500 that is EASILY worth more than $3500, and fix EVERYTHING wrong with it for $100. it is an extremely valuable skill and one i am forever grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!