Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Weight Loss Wednesday- Dress Shopping

Here we are, my second weight loss Wednesday post. How have you changed your life this week?

This last week was "ration" week, if your a military wife you know the drill. you live off whatever you have in your house until payday :) luckily my house is pretty stocked. I only had to do this because of the thousand bucks that was used for Deezul's surgery, it's not a normal occurrence in our house. I had to get creative to stay within my calories allotted for the day. And i was SO busy with halloween and all the events of that, it was difficult for me to find time to run.... those were definitely my obstacles of the week. But while everyone else was trick or treating, i hit up the commissary (our grocery store on base) i got ZERO trick or treaters... and i knew that our store on base was closed, so i drove over to pearl harbor and went to theirs. EMPTY!!!! it was amazing, that has never happened on a military payday! there were VERY few people in the store. i loved it. so now the fridge is TOTALLY stocked up on nutritional goodness. Yesterday i made applesauce in my crockpot... ya it was pretty dang good! Steph said it was almost too sweet, it was like an apple pie. She at a whole cup of it, and i think my calorie estimate was about 100 calories for it. she was pretty impressed!

I think i was only able to run once this week. it's been really crappy weather, which i LOOOOOVE, but my bodybugg doesn't like rain, AND i'm a bit of a klutz, so i can just imagine me eating pavement, as a platoon of Riley and my friends run by... NO thank you. I did hit my calorie burn goal everyday (maybe missed it once, but i was close)

I went dress shopping for the ball yesterday. Steph and I went and fell in love with the EXACT same dress. and BOTH wanted to buy it... she won :) i had to find another one. so i am happy with the dress i got. we'll see if i LOVE it the night of the ball. This year there will  be MANY more pictures, since i didn't bring a camera last year. trying on dresses was fun though. probably cause i have had better self esteem since taking this all serious again. Riley is going to get home to a changed woman.... and a changed menu, HAHA. yesterday made me hopeful about future clothes shopping trips. lately clothes shopping is the LAST thing i want to do... cause i don't want to be depressed about it... so instead i'm changing myself so that i am nothing but excited about new clothes :)

Alright so here are my stats 
Since last weeks post i am down 3.2lbs
Since 12 days ago when i started i am now down 7.2lbs
HECK YAAAAA!!!!!

I feel fantastic! keep in mind i'm still eating! and normal food too! i had 2 fun size chocolate candies on halloween, plus 2 suckers. last week one day a mom from preschool brought cupcakes (which by the way, one cupcake is 160 calories.... ya thats half my snack allowance for the day!) it's all about making room in your daily plan for a treat. i had to work that cupcake INTO my 1200 calories. I went to 2 BIG Halloween events, plus Halloween and i am still DOWN 3.2 lbs this week. i am EXTREMELY pleased with that. My original goal was to be down 15 lbs by the ball which is a week from tomorrow, i don't think i will get there. HOWEVER i am not going to be upset about that. I am happy with my progress.

also real quickly this is the BEST method i have found to have a healthy breakfast! Chop up all your different veggies and have them in containers so on mornings when you don't have tons of time, you just have to grabe a small handful of each, and toss them into your egg scramble (2 egg whites and 1 full egg) i add 1/4 cup cottage cheese as well and it's usually about 250 calories! and that includes my little bit of fruit on the side! here is how i do it!

on the left we have red peppers and green peppers, on the right are my tomatoes and green onions. and in the middle is the corn i sliced off the cob (i'm in the middle of doing that right now actually, so that container isn't full yet. keep these in your fridge or freezer and then you are able to toss them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What-Do-Ya-Think? lemme know!